Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EasyMobile - R I P (Rest In Peace) from 13/12/06 (Read 7,770 times)
bbb_uk
Global Moderator

EasyMobile - R I P (Rest In Peace) from 13/12/06
Nov 13th, 2006 at 8:07pm

Just read on MSE here that EasyMobile will cease to operate from 13th December 2006.

Quote:
Important Notice to all existing easyMobile customers

Dear Customer,

First let us start by thanking you for your custom and loyalty to easyMobile.com over the last couple of years.

As you may recall, easyMobile.com in the UK was set up as a partnership between TDC (the telecom company from Denmark) and easyGroup (Stelios' investment vehicle). Due to a change of strategy at TDC, TDC have decided to withdraw from the UK market. Consequently you will not be able to use your easyMobile.com service in the UK from midnight (24:00) on 13th December 2006. Our agreement with you will then formally end on 20th December 2006. Further details on this are contained in the attached document.

If any top-ups you have made remain in your account at midnight (24:00) on 13th December 2006, we will fully re-fund you such amount, subject to any outstanding mobile telephone service charges which are due as at 20th December 2006 or on the closing of your account, which you will remain liable for. Details of the process for and calculation of such refund/outstanding amounts are contained in the attached document.

We have made an alternative arrangement available for you as a customer with Fresh Mobile from The Carphone Warehouse. As you know, The Carphone Warehouse is a reputable operator and if you choose this option we hope that you find their service useful. If you wish to proceed with this option, please login to My Account on www.easyMobile.com, where you will find details on how to take advantage of this offer.

If, as an alternative to the option set out above, you would prefer to move to an alternative service provider, then we will do our best to unlock your easyMobile phone or port your number to another service or operator at your request. Details of how you can arrange this can be found in the FAQs on the www.easyMobile.com website.

Please see the attached document for additional information in relation to the process going forward. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Customer Services or visit our web-site www.easyMobile.com which will be updated from time to time if there is any additional information or changes you need to be aware of.

The easyMobile.com team

Official announcement here.

IP Logged

darkstar

Re: EasyMobile - R I P (Rest In Peace) from 13/12/
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2006 at 8:49am

Dammit, now I need a new mobile pay as you go. Sad

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2006 at 11:55am

Tescos, on the O2 network.
10p per min and 5p texts. No time limit on credit unless not used at all within 6 months. Min £15 monthly to qualify.
Online top up with credit card, +
Clubcard points on topups.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2006 at 12:08pm

In addition to AVNM's post, Tesco Mobile do three tariffs as listed here.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2006 at 9:31pm

a very nice man wrote on Nov 15th, 2006 at 11:55am:
Tescos, on the O2 network.
10p per min and 5p texts. No time limit on credit unless not used at all within 6 months. Min £15 monthly to qualify.
Online top up with credit card, +
Clubcard points on topups.

£15 a month is line rental in my book and not Pay As You Go which is generally used by those of us who spend £5 a month or less on our mobile calls.  The only exception being the credit unworthy like students who can't get a contract phone but still make loads of PAYG calls.

Both the other two Tesco tariffs are better if you only spend a few quid a month.  The standard one is better if you call three particular numbers a lot and the Value one if you just generally call the odd number here and there.  Neither have a minimum spend requirement.  But really TMobile's 12p per minute to 01/02 and mobiles is almost as good apart from them having a crap network with lots of coverage holes.

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge