Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VOIP calls to a mobile phone (Read 3,415 times)
smitsie

VOIP calls to a mobile phone
Nov 28th, 2006 at 8:47pm

i have a wat of using VOIP to make calls online to most landlines in the world and just a few mobiles.. usa singapore and hong kong, any realistic way of making calls on the move with my mobile, ie using a sim from the countries i mentioned in my mobile phone here in the uk, is there a way of making your mobile number into a 01 or 02 number?

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Re: VOIP calls to a mobile phone
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 12:23am

If you used one of those SIM cards here, you'd be paying roaming tariffs

Some VoIP providers have a bit lower charges to UK mobiles, and if you wanted a landline diverted to your mobile, this would be the way to do it, but you'd still have the call forwarding to pay for.

Callback services also mainly use VoIP and can be used where a lower tariff than the SIM's own can be found, often when roaming abroad and wanting to call home, though there are an increasing number of mvno or different branded SIMs with low tariffs for international calls, even here.

Overall, it is difficult to avoid extra costs of mobile over landlines, unless you have a contract with inclusive minutes that can be used to various callthough numbers.

But there are VoIP clients arriving that can use wifi access in PDAs or smartphones, and rumours of some that use VoIP over 3g, but even here there are access or bandwidth costs in many cases.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge