Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Transport For London (TfL)'s Dial-A-Ride (DaR) (Read 27,559 times)
leolover

Carshalton
Re: Transport For London (TfL)'s Dial-A-Ride (DaR)
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 6:51pm

I have today received an email from Tfl's Dial A Ride service, following the request I made to them under the Freedom of Infomation Act. I have posted their reply under the FOI section of this website. I would also like to say a BIG thanks to all those that helped me to get this number!!

Angie

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 7:09pm

The number found by leolover is 020 7394 5800.

I've added this to the database.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2007 at 7:10pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #17 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 7:55pm

Following reply received in reponse to my email to Ken Livingstone, which is very much in line what Leolover received from TfL in response to his/her FOI request:

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Quote:
Dear Mr xxx,

Thank you for your recent email regarding our use of an 0845 number for Dial-a-Ride bookings. The service introduced this number for our new centralised booking service because it provides us with disaster recovery facilities that are not available with an ordinary 0207 or 0208 number, as we can very quicky redirect the phone lines should a flood/ fire or other emergency mean that we cannot operate from our London call centre.

Normally 0845 numbers are charged as if they are local calls, so in theory should not be more expensive that our previous booking numbers. We have, however received a number of complaints from customers who have experienced an increase in their telephone bills related to the way that some phone providers charge for 0845 numbers.

Dial-a-Ride fully appreciates that the charging policies of some telephone providers is causing difficulty for some of our customers and so we have decided to provide customers with an 0207 number that they can use to contact us as an alternative to the 0845 number. This number is 0207 394 5800. I would be grateful if you could pass this information to your mother and advise her that she can use this number to make her bookings in the future. We will be shortly issuing this number to all customers to use if they prefer.

I do hope that this will resolve the problems that your mother has been experiencing. Please do not hesitate to contact me if she has any other issues she would like to raise relating to her Dial-a-Ride service.

Yours sincerely

Joyce Mamode
Head of Passenger Services
London Dial-a-Ride
joyce.mamode@tfl-buses.co.uk

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #18 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 8:23pm

Nearly there, except that the London code is 020; not 0207, 0208 nor even 0203.

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 8:42am

Tanllan, your observation is a bit pedantic. I would rather take issue with what TfL said in their email:

Quote:
Normally 0845 numbers are charged as if they are local calls, so in theory should not be more expensive that our previous booking numbers. We have, however received a number of complaints from customers who have experienced an increase in their telephone bills related to the way that some phone providers charge for 0845 numbers.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 7:53pm

Is the geographical number posted on the website yet?

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #21 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 9:09pm

yes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge