Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Other Options? (Read 4,314 times)
JamiSaint

Other Options?
Jan 17th, 2007 at 2:43pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I have a quick question. I've just taken on a new role with a small charity that has recently set up. We've not got any expendable money yet and don't have an office, so am working at home. I'm trying to find out if its possible to set up a phone number which I can get rerouted to my home phone number. This will enable me to separate work from home and also to provide the charity with a long-term number which can be rerouted to the director's phone number when my employment ceases (I'm on a 6 month contract). This website has done a great job in putting me off 0870 numbers (thank you!) but I was wondering if anyone knew an alternative way of getting another number, at minimal cost to ourselves and, ideally with a low cost for people to ring us on? I couldn't find a feature on it, sorry.

Many thanks in advance,

Jamie

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Other Options?
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 3:47pm

The cheapest way would be to get a Voip number on say a London 020 exchange from www.sipgate.co.uk (looks impressive in the nation's capital etc) and the calls then arrive on your computer or at your Voip ATA call equipment wherever you want it to (even overseas if you have broadband there) for no extra charge.

You could get a Voip number on your local phone exchange from www.sipgate.co.uk but then if your director is going to take it over that may not be a good thing.

Or in due course you could get an 0301 number when they are launched by Ofcom which will be charged to callers at the 01/02 Rate and can be redirected anywhere you want but the trouble is you will be paying a fee to have the service and possibly for the total number of minutes of incoming calls a month (but probably not much and less than the 0800 service mentioned below).

Or you could be really nice to callers and get an 0800 number from www.call080.com for only £5.00 per month for 500 minutes of calls redirected to an 01/02 landline of your choice and 2p per minute incoming if you exceed that.

The Voip option is probably only a good one if you are moderately computer minded though as its a little fiddly to set up.

<div style=

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Other Options?
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2007 at 9:17pm

And www.coms.com might be worth a look.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge