Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
BT penalises cash customers.  The Times (Read 19,182 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: BT penalises cash customers.  The Times
Reply #15 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 1:49am

darkstar wrote on Feb 10th, 2007 at 1:25am:
Anyone? Just from what I can see £1.50 is high average on this (I checked at work when it was slow Wink). In fact it seems odd that a 50p a month (12.5p a week) addition can be such a huge deal. I mean guys get a grip. Look around you, yeah its crappy that they feel the need to add it on, but next to £3 and £5 a month its nothing! Some people on this forum seem to put it on a level with global walming, genocide and the poor state of medical research in the UK.

I don't see why people who pay by cash or cheque on time should be charged any extra as they don't impose any extra admin costs and certainly not the level of admin costs that are being charged here, whatever may be current bank fees for handling cash and cheques.  And why should the poorest members of society be penalised just for not having a bank account if they always pay up on time?

It should only be the cash payers who use it is an excuse to not pay at all or weeks or months late who should be hit with the penalty fees to make sure they have every possible incentive to pay up on time.

Your excuse seems to be that other firms also have this rip too so that makes it all right for BT to do it too.  But wasn't that how the whole disgusting con based 084/7 calls industry came into being? Roll Eyes Shocked Cry

<div style=

IP Logged

darkstar

Reply #16 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 10:20am

Thing being that if its not on a DD then companies are more likely to lose money due to late payments. Thats why companies add the charge, to sweeten the deal for people to go onto DD. Im not saying its right mind, but I do understand why it makes sense.

And my point is that everyones going ape over BTs going to £1.50, yet when the NTL:Telewest/Virgin went from £4 to £5 there was barely a flutter. It just seems to be double standards as certain people have a grudge against BT.
But thanks again for on yet another topic attampting to put words into my mouth.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #17 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 11:18am

darkstar wrote on Feb 10th, 2007 at 10:20am:
Thing being that if its not on a DD then companies are more likely to lose money due to late payments. Thats why companies add the charge, to sweeten the deal for people to go onto DD. Im not saying its right mind, but I do understand why it makes sense.

Then why not just charge the customers who pay late extra and not penalise those who choose to use cash or cheque but always pay on time. Huh Undecided

Despite your claim to be of independent mind from BT you actually do seem to endorse almost everything they do.  Are you sure they don't put something in the tea that you call centre workers drink  Wink Tongue

<div style=

IP Logged

darkstar

Reply #18 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 11:46am

Heheh, maybe in the coffee. It certainly doesnt taste like anything I have ever gotten from a shop. Thats for sure!

But I agree on the charges thing, penalise the people who dont pay on time by a higher ammount. It should all even out in the end.

As far as BT goes, as I have said I certainly know their bad points, but it just seems odd that people choose to target BT Retail over something when other companies are doing the same thing but far, far worse.

Like I say, I can see both the view of the companies as to why they do it, and the views of the customers who dont like it. Im just trying to play a balanced view.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #19 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 11:49am

darkstar wrote on Feb 10th, 2007 at 11:46am:
Like I say, I can see both the view of the companies as to why they do it, and the views of the customers who dont like it. Im just trying to play a balanced view.

Are you the same darkstar as in the discussion forum at www.thinkbroadband.com (or adslguide.org.uk as it used to be called)?

<div style=

IP Logged

darkstar

Reply #20 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 11:50am

Afraid not, I can however be found on several pro wrestling and MMA forums. The things we do to pass teh time, both hurt people and pretend to hurt people.  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge