Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Home Delivery Network (Read 1,741 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Home Delivery Network
Feb 17th, 2007 at 9:04pm

I got up the other morning, as I work nights.  I found a slip through the door, to advise the Home Delivery Network delivered a parcel, and left it in the shed.  Seems fair enough.  My Dad went in and got it when he got home from work later on, and found the package was for misdelivered, and should have been delivered to the same house number in another street!!

Now, had the postie made that mistake, you could easily put the letters back in the postbox, or catch him the next morning and ask them to put it right, but the only way to inform the Home Delivery Network about their error was an 0870 number printed on the form.

Problem was solved by sourcing the alternative number from this site, but when my Dad called up this number, they initially refused to deal with the enquiry, and insisted I call the 0870 number.  My Dad then pointed out that he's not paying to call a premium rate number to sort out their mess, and that the nature of the enquiry was that we have a parcel that does not belong to us, and we want them to collect it.  They then dealt with the enquiry, although it was at a different depot.

Although they might have got away with insisting on customers calling an 0870 number if we wanted to collect a parcel, or re-arrange delivery.  After all, they have our custom, and the only way to get what we want is to call 0870, and that is the attitude of many companies.  However, surely they must understand that customers might want to do the right thing, and report a parcel delivered to the wrong address, and it's rather insulting to be told we must call an 0870 number, and which earns them money, just to tell them they made a mistake in their delivery.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge