Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem in posting a new alternative number (Read 16,482 times)
Mcavity

Problem in posting a new alternative number
Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:45am

I cannot post a new alternative number because the site does not recognise its own verification code, which I typed in clearly.  what can I do?  I tried to contact the webmaster but, once again, was told I had not posted the verification code, which I had, so I can't get a message direct to them either.  The site has problems which need urgent sorting, otherwise no one will be albe to put in new alternative numbers.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Problem in posting a new alternative number
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 5:36pm

I personally have no problems adding numbers providing the verification number is correct.

Has anyone else had problems with verification?  A few had reported problems with http referral but this problem doesn't apply here.

The verification image is very clear I believe which makes it impossible to misinterpret a character for another character, etc.

IP Logged

dippily

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 9:36pm

I have a problem posting new numbers - this message comes up "Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("")".

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 9:55pm

dippily wrote on Apr 15th, 2007 at 9:36pm:
I have a problem posting new numbers - this message comes up "Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("")".

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1172072151

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

dippily

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 9:38am

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't matter where I trigger the link from - it always gives the same message.

IP Logged

dippily

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 10:57am

I see there's another thread devoted to this HTTP referer (sic) message, running up until quite recently.

I agree with the contributor who said we should have a thread dedicated to adding new numbers, until the problem is sorted.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2007 at 10:58am by dippily »  

IP Logged

Godfrey

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 11:37am

I too am unable to post new numbers or reach the "contact us" page. The error message is

disallowed HTTP referrer("")

Help!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 12:59pm

Godfrey wrote on Apr 17th, 2007 at 11:37am:
I too am unable to post new numbers or reach the "contact us" page. The error message is

disallowed HTTP referrer("")

Help!

Have you followed the advice elsewhere? Are you visiting the add or contact page via saynoto0870.co.uk rather than saynoto0870.com ?

IP Logged

Godfrey

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 10:37am

I did not know there was a .co.uk site. The link simply does not work on the "post new numbers" or the "contact" link. The same error notice comes up. Cry

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 1:05pm

Godfrey wrote on Apr 18th, 2007 at 10:37am:
I did not know there was a .co.uk site. The link simply does not work on the "post new numbers" or the "contact" link. The same error notice comes up. Cry

Follow this link and try adding your numbers:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/add.php

IP Logged

Davvid

Reply #10 - May 17th, 2007 at 5:30pm

I quite agree with the above; I have tried to send a message via "contact us"

using the 'string' code. Despite 3 attempts to send the message with the number carefully copied, a message followed to the effect that the string code was not recognised and please repeat the exercise.

Seems like the techies need to investigate

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #11 - May 17th, 2007 at 7:57pm

Davvid wrote on May 17th, 2007 at 5:30pm:
I quite agree with the above; I have tried to send a message via "contact us"

using the 'string' code. Despite 3 attempts to send the message with the number carefully copied, a message followed to the effect that the string code was not recognised and please repeat the exercise.

Seems like the techies need to investigate

Agreed, since that 'feature' was added, I have never been able to add a number.

I just tried YET AGAIN - the code was DEB18 and, with an 18-year-old daughter called Deborah, I'm unlikely to get that wrong, but the attempt was rejected because - you guessed it, I supposedly got the verification code wrong!

I suspect Daniel is a bit busy and can't be bothered with new entries at the moment.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Hook

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2007 at 5:14pm

The existence of this website is much appreciated but, as with  several other contributors to this thread who tried to follow the instruction to "contact us",  when I tried to correct a statement against one entry for "GE Money       0870 1262665             0208 1810000       0808 2081140       GE Capital Card services" all I got was the "disallowed HTTP referrer" error message.

A quick look through this thread makes it clear that this problem has continued now for some time.   I can see no reason why someone who wishes to be helpful (and be quick about it) should need to know, find or follow any of the suggested alternative ways to work around the problem suggested here.   Personally, I am snowed under with work following the illness & death of my mother, and did not really want to spend  time to register, await the e-mails and then make this contribution to the thread.   

Frankly, it just seems stupid to have a website that makes it this difficult to communicate with those who run it.  On other websites, clicking on "contact us" immediately brings up an e-mail form in which to type one's message.   Why not on this one?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge