Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thumbs up to Kingston Technology (Read 10,279 times)
jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Thumbs up to Kingston Technology
Sep 4th, 2007 at 4:22pm

Yet another multinational company not scamming the British public with rip-off NGNs - even their technical support line is a geographic number (http://www.kingston.com/company/contact.asp?id=2) Cheesy.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Thumbs up to Kingston Technology
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 5:15pm

jgxenite wrote on Sep 4th, 2007 at 4:22pm:
Yet another multinational company not scamming the British public with rip-off NGNs - even their technical support line is a geographic number (http://www.kingston.com/company/contact.asp?id=2) Cheesy.

Careful jgxenite.

Surely you mean that they are one of the very commendable few multinational companies operating in the UK that don't scam the public with 084/7 numbers. Wink

There seem to be two main themes to the larger companies that do not exploit their customers with 084/7 covert premium rate numbers.:-

(a) They are American owned and continue the American phiosophy that any contact with your customer is a way to build your relationship with them and possibly sell them new services.  Why therefore try to alienate your customer by trying to steal from him if he is good enough to give up his/her valuable time to contact you.

(b) They are commercial but not do not have normal greedy commercial shareholders interested only in the short term and treating their customers like so much disposable chaff.  Companies that spring to mind are Building Societies like Nationwide and partner
owned organisations like John Lewis.

On top of the above the majority of smaller commercial UK companies who rely on repeat businesss from loyal long term customers also tend to avoid 084/7 numbers the in the majority of (but by no means in all) cases.

<div style=

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 5:31pm

I guess that is probably a better way to put it Smiley.

That will make the third (possibly fourth) American multinational "technology" company I've come across that doesn't use NGNs in the UK. As you say, most of them unfortunately do Sad.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 6:13pm

Kingston mainly works through resellers rather than direct to the public so I don't suppose direct customer calls are a major business issue for them.

Credit card issuers MBNA probably still top the league of anti 084/7 large companies for having all 0800 contact centre numbers (sales, customer service etc) anda geographic number for calling from overseas or mobiles also provided.  Plus the quality of their customer advisers and their empowerment to resolve problems for customers is second to none in the call centre industry.

<div style=

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:05pm

Well, I have to say that their technical support staff are very good. They many not be native British speakers (usually a reason to put me off calling), but they dealt with a problem I had very well. I was a bit suspicious when they said they'd email me instructions, but within ten minutes of hanging up, the email had arrived in my inbox. It is things like this (and the thought that they don't want to rip me off everytime I want support) that ensure I will do business with them again!

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:07pm

jgxenite wrote on Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:05pm:
I was a bit suspicious when they said they'd email me instructions, but within ten minutes of hanging up, the email had arrived in my inbox.
That can be rare these days.  I'm also suspicious when they say things like that and the, "we'll call you back...", line   Wink

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:09pm

Yeh, I'm always suspicious of that but I think I would believe it if Kingston told me that Smiley.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 1:14pm

I used to deal occasionally with Kingston at my last job.  They were always very helpful and obviously knew their stuff.  I can't recall a single instance I had a problem with them.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 1:26pm

No, I had absolutely no problems getting through to them yesterday, and their email response was excellent and arrived very swiftly. I only wish Ebuyer support was quite so swift in their response, as I'm waiting to hear from them as to whether I need to return my faulty item to them or direct to Kingston.

IP Logged

Maxadolf

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 3:32pm

Not all US companies also trading in the UK take the enlighted attitude to developing good relationships by operating NGNs.  Dell computers allow toll-free numbers to be used in just about every country in the world in after-sales contacts.   But guess what!   The UK division requires contact through an 0870 number.   That should tell us something about our uniquely British culture to accepting such opportunistic greed.   I operate a policy of never contacting 0870 numbers and, whenever I'm on the internet, letting the company know via their web site that they've lost business because of their greed.  If the battle against NGNs is to be won then it is essential to make the purveyors of these numbers aware of the consequences to them.   Sending petitions to government department, as we have already noted in the case of No 10, simply adds insult to injury in their two-faced and deviant responses.    Have you noticed Mr G. Brown's recent conduct? He's actually implying that the corrupt past practices and policies within the Labour government are gone and that he's now the man for the job.  But wasn't he a major part of the previous corrupt system?  And if he was a man of conviction what happened to those convictions when he was No 2 to Bliar?

Maxadolf   Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge