Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please sort our number (Read 12,336 times)
PCWorldTech

Please sort our number
Jan 7th, 2008 at 7:19pm

Hey there, I work at PCWorld in Nottingham and thanks to this site my days are becoming rather long on the phone.

Now please dont take this as a "Take down our number NOW" post, it really isnt, BUT you have us listed as Nottingham/Tech center...... we are getting calls from all over the country and I am not joking.  I have been called from scotland and as far south as Southend.  We are NOT the tech center for the whole country, we are not the head tech department we are just a normal tech center located in a PCWorld store.

I understand the reasons for this site.  Hell, I even use this site myself for customers and friends.  I understand that ppl have the right to come through to the store, to be honest we as the Tech team give out our direct number to customers to bypass the call center to save them time.  But for this gesture, we now have our number on this site and get calls constantly about things we really do not deal with over the phone.  So what I am asking is this, change our company name to PCWorld Nottingham, loose the Tech Center please, it is driving us insane.  10 calls by 9:30 this morning, 7 were "I have a problem with" calls.  I dont have the time to go through lengthy conversations of this nature due to the work load within the store.  But obviously for the customer help factor we do..... except for today, I really had no time due to staff levels.  That is why the Tech Guys number exists, so that ppl get spoken to by ppl that have the time to spend on the phone.

So please please please, address this issue for us if you could.  I am not asking for the number to be removed, ofc not.  I am just asking for you to change the details so I dont get calls from all over the country when I really havent got the time to answer all the questions.  We have a counter that has plenty of questions coming from it believe me Smiley

Cheers in advance.

PCWorld Nottingham
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2008 at 7:20pm by PCWorldTech »  

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Please sort our number
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2008 at 10:17am

Below appears to be the entry referred to:

Quote:
PC World             0844 5610000       0115 9416303             Nottingham; Tech centre

A Google search appears to show more than one PC World in Nottingham (or the Nottingham area anyway).  It'd help if you reviewed the entries in the Verified and Unverified databases and clarified which is which (postcodes are useful).
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2008 at 10:30am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

PCWorldTech

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2008 at 10:15pm

There is a Tech Guys store in Daybrook, Nottingham, along with a repair booking center, we are PCWorld.   The post Code is NG7 1GX.

All that is requested is that you remove the "tech center" and just have us as pcworld nottingham.  Believe me, its the right number as many of your readers can confirm.  But you are giving them the wrong info and us a big headache.

Cheers

PCWorldTech

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2008 at 10:50pm

I don't suppose you would be able to give us the alternative number for that booking centre? Or indeed any other PC World numbers that might be helpful to us?

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 3:49am

I have sent you an IM.

IP Logged

gudman

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 4:51pm

I think people are trying to get in touch with techguys formerly known as pcservicecall, we were able to call previous freephone number and recently pc world blocked it and left message to call 0844 number.It will be really nice if sombody can get a geo number for it (including those work for pc world).
gudman

IP Logged

PCWorldTech

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 4:28pm

Hey there,

Thanks for the PM but I cant responde until I have made 5 posts :p Can that be sorted for a response to you ? Wink

If you could change the name to PCWorld Nottingham, that would be fine.  As that is who we are.

As Gudman has suggested I think ppl are looking for the Tech Guys booking centre.  Formally the PCServiceCall Centre.  We are not them Smiley

I have had more calls from ppl wanting to book things with us ..... really shows how popular this site really is.

Many thanks

PCWorldTech

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 4:31pm

As asked before, do you have any alternative numbers we could add to our database for either the Tech Guys or other PC World stores?

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

PCWorldTech

Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 12:40pm

You did ask, but as this is a public forum I am not going to discuss it here.

I dont really want the problems that could bring from my management Smiley

1 more post and I can respond to PM's

Cheers

PCWorldTech

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 12:44pm

Fair enough, I can understand that.

You could just make one random post after this one to get the required 5 posts Smiley.

IP Logged

PCWorldTech

Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 5:30pm

true enough

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2008 at 5:56pm

what is this 5 post thing?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2008 at 5:57pm

reggie wrote on Jan 31st, 2008 at 5:56pm:
what is this 5 post thing?

You need to have made 5 posts before you can send a private message (PM).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge