Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Member Power (Read 2,783 times)
rambleruk

Merseyside
Member Power
Jan 10th, 2008 at 4:20pm

I'm a very newbie, newbie but I have spent quite a long time searching around the web site for any indication that the members have organised a petition(s) to Ofcom and other relevant parties to completely abolish the 0845/70/71 numbers.  I haven't found anything on this topic.

It is immoral for the public to be forced to pay into the coffers of businesses when contacting them by phone. It encourages the business to put us in a queue and keep us there for as long as possible, interrupting our listening to their tinny music to say how important our call is to them etc.

It's about time we made our voices heard in the right quarters. I fully expect some others to have raised this point - it's just that I can't find any such comments.

I tend to avoid giving business to any company which uses non geo numbers but it's not always possible.

What is/are the site moderators' opinion(s) on this?

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Member Power
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 5:14pm

rambleruk wrote on Jan 10th, 2008 at 4:20pm:
I'm a very newbie, newbie but I have spent quite a long time searching around the web site for any indication that the members have organised a petition(s) to Ofcom and other relevant parties to completely abolish the 0845/70/71 numbers.  I haven't found anything on this topic.

I suggest you try entering the words 0870 consultation Ofcom into a google search and see what comes up.

Or ICSTIS 0871 consultation.

People have put rather a lot of work in to lobbying but been persistenly ignored because the government regulator Ofcom has been told the government does not want 084/7 closed down.

I'm surprised however that the site moderators did not respond to your original post.

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge