Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking up members profiles (Read 8,599 times)
Keith

Surrey
Looking up members profiles
Mar 31st, 2008 at 2:18pm

In the past I have looked up members profiles (from a list of members) to look at some of their past postings. I can't seem to do that anymore or at least I can't remember how I got the list in the past. Can someone remind me please?

Thank you.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Looking up members profiles
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 2:26pm

Don't you click on search and then type in the users name to find that persons previous postings? Undecided

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 2:35pm

Keith wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 2:18pm:
In the past I have looked up members profiles (from a list of members) to look at some of their past postings. I can't seem to do that anymore or at least I can't remember how I got the list in the past. Can someone remind me please?

The list of members was removed some time ago. You can still lookup a particular member's postings by select their name in a post. You can only list the last 50 posts from that member.

What are you looking for? PM me if you wish to keep it private and I will see if I can help you find it.

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 8:34pm

I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I was just perusing the site and couldn't remember how I did it before and getting frustrated because I couldn't work it out. It comes in handy when you remember a posting you wanted to look for and remember the name of the person who posted it.

Any reason for the removal?

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 8:41pm

Keith wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 8:34pm:
It comes in handy when you remember a posting you wanted to look for and remember the name of the person who posted it.
You can use the search feature and in the 'By User' section enter his/her forum name and to the right of that selecting 'Search by topics posted in by someone'

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:42pm

Why was it removed? Was there some sort of abuse?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2008 at 10:21am

Keith wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:42pm:

I believe so.

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2008 at 11:36am

Shame. Oh well.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 5:53pm

Keith wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:42pm:

I believe the forum owner (Daniel) decided to remove it at a time when he was concerned about threats by some forum members to create a rival internet discussion forum to www.saynoto0870.com ; At the time the forum owner even banned some especially active members in the discussion forum who expressed dissent and/or they resigned from the forum (sadly we have never heard anything more of mc661 although dorf and another well known member who stopped contributing found themselves unable to keep away).

The forum owner also removed the right to send PMs to other members until one had made 20 posts as well.  I believe this step, along with removing the list of members (which allowed members to be ranked by number of posts and join date) was done in order to make it harder for anybody wanting to start a breakaway forum to identify the most active forum members.

To be honest the things that annoy some longstanding members about the site have not improved but as the site has inbuilt brand recognition and critical mass its very hard to do anything about it.  The continuing issues are:-

1) The site continues to carry unacceptable banner ads for sites like GrabAGrand, which are effectively a form of unacceptable marketing and making money just like 084/7.  It also carries banner ads for services selling 084 and 087 numbers!

2) The site owner continues to fail to provide a public platform for an organised campaign by not holding say annual meetings or conferences to co-ordinate campaigning activity.  There are times when it would almost appear as though the Site Owner has a vested interest in 084/7 continuing in order to ensure he retains a busy and popular website with a lot of click thrut traffic.

Whilst appreciating the site owner's skills are mainly of a technical nature he could have decided to involve those of a more campaigning nature more actively had he wanted to.  He chooses not to do so..............

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge