Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Telco's to defeat SNT0870 & Similar (Read 17,692 times)
Hobbie

Northumberland
Re: Telco's to defeat SNT0870 & Similar
Reply #15 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:24pm

VoIP terminating to the PSTN does not send DNIS Information (but receives) so calling these numbers via a VoIP provider that uses SIP or some other technology including Skype would get around this.

Of course a number of other methods is also available, as previously mentioned using a CPS carrier, calls via a callingcard, basically anything that redirects the call for you where you do not dial the number direct.

At present, the businesses using it are only large entities that I am aware of, ie. those that I have been involved with, one of the biggest is well discussed on SNT0870.

IP Logged

stuartpalmer

Highlands of Scotland
Re: Telco's to defeat SNT0870 & Similar
Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 7:59am

jrawle wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:13pm:
The best solution for saying NO to 0870 numbers in this case is to take your business elsewhere.

Exactly.  As more and more companies and organisations start providing geographical (or 03) numbers, and as more and more people become aware of the charging issues, business will shift naturally.

There are three banks in my nearest town: one allows you to call the branch and the other two use call centres (one even redirects mail to a central office).  Guess which one I've transferred my business to and recommend to others!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge