Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
www.0845team.co.uk (Read 6,662 times)
Mike_Read

Walsall
www.0845team.co.uk
Nov 4th, 2008 at 1:05pm

Does anyone know anything about this company's website: www.0845team.co.uk ?

It seems to me that some of the comments on this site are not far short of blatant lies...

On the home page:
"The caller pays only local rate charges when calling you from any location in the British Isles."

On the FAQ page:
Q: "Does my customer have to pay more to call me?"
A: "No. In most cases they will pay less, as they are only charged at local call rates, no matter where they are calling from in the UK."

I feel like reporting this company to Ofcom, or should it be Trading Standards?

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: www.0845team.co.uk
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 2:31pm

According to the ASA website, you need to complain to your local Trading Standards.

Don't hold your breath though.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Paul_Jones

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 3:06pm

What their copy suggests is correct for a landline user who is not paying for any discount packages.

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Paul_Jones wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 at 3:06pm:
What their copy suggests is correct for a landline user who is not paying for any discount packages.

And how exactly do you do that, ever since BT abolished their standard line rental (back in 2004, or was it even earlier?)

How about saying the calls are free, because in theory it's possible that a new company could set up a service offering 0845 calls for free. The fact that no such service exists and is unlikely to as it'd be a total loss-maker is irrelevant if we're to follow your argument.

IP Logged

Mike_Read

Walsall
Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 3:22pm

I see where you are going, but I don't pay for any discount packages.
Nevertheless I can call 01/02/03 after 6pm or at weekends free of charge for up to an hour (BT Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan - no extra charge if you sign up for 12 months) and I call 01/02/03 weekday daytime for 5p irrespective of call duration via the override provider 1899 (also no charge - you just need to sign up). Even without the upgraded BT plan you can use 1899 all the time and only pay 5p evenings/weekends.

Therefore for me it's always more expensive (by far) to call 0845 than a geo number.

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 3:23pm

Mike_Read wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 at 1:05pm:
"The caller pays only local rate charges when calling you from any location in the British Isles."

On the FAQ page:
Q: "Does my customer have to pay more to call me?"
A: "No. In most cases they will pay less, as they are only charged at local call rates, no matter where they are calling from in the UK."

Local rate doesn't exist any more. The closest you get is the standard geographical rate, and 0845 numbers are not charged at this rate.

It is true that some callers will pay less to call 0845 now, though, in the daytime under BT's current pricing. However, I would dispute the fact that this is "most cases". The reason given for it costing less is obviously wrong anyway.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:19am

It isn't true at the weekend though is it as basic BT package customers get free calls at the weekend to 01/02/03 numbers but not to 0845 number.

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge