Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for Geographical Numbers provider... (Read 4,946 times)
wbellows

Looking for Geographical Numbers provider...
Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:07pm

Hi,

I run a small computer repair business in Southampton and just wondered if anyone had any advice on who to go to, to get local geographical numbers forwarded to my current Southampton landline.

Their are various companies on the net but just wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Im looking to get an 01489 XXX XXX, 01962 XXX XXX and 01329 XXX XXX numbers forwarded to my 02380 XXX XXX landline.

Hope this is clear!!??

Cheers,

Will

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Looking for Geographical Numbers provider...
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:13pm

I know that Andrews & Arnold have geo numbers in some area codes and charge £1.15 exc VAT per month. You can receive calls via the internet (VoIP) for no extra cost. Alternatively they do 033x numbers for the same price:

I haven't used them, although I think there are some on here who have. The point is that you won't incur any "per minute" charges of routing one 01/02/03 number to your existing 01 number.

IP Logged

catj

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 8:25pm

Don't forget that your existing  '02380 XXX XXX'  landline is in reality a Southampton  (023)  80XX   XXXX  number.

Anywhere within Portsmouth or Southampton callers can omit the (023) area code and need only dial the  80XX  XXXX  part.

Make sure that all of your advertising and any contact details on your website (if you have one) use this  (023)  80XX   XXXX  format.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 6:01pm

If you're willing to go the VoIP route, there are multiple providers that will give you a free geographic number.  sipgate.co.uk wil do so, and you can get Tesco Internet Phone pay-as-you-go accounts for free too.   Just pick a address in the area you want a number in...

All you need is an old PC, go download a pre-packaged version of asterisk, e.g. the free version of trixbox, and install it.  You can then set up as many trunks (incoming or outgoing accounts) as you want.  Then find a SIP aware phone e.g. some nokia mobiles, or adapter for an existing POTS phone, and point it at your asterisk box, and you're away.. 

I use A&A for my 03 numbers, and have never had a problem, although I'll admit they are very very lightly used.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 10:44pm

Localphone offer a very good VoIP service (I've been using it on and off for a few years now). They've recently added the ability to have as many incoming VoIP numbers as you want at very cheap rates - 75p set up then 25p a month per number - and you can then forward that to a normal 01/02/03 number at only 0.9p a minute.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge