Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DSG delivery notifications (Read 8,175 times)
bvbrownlie

South Ayrshire
DSG delivery notifications
Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:26pm

Does anyone have a geographical number for DSG (Dixons, Currys, PC World) delivery enquiries which needs to be called after 21.00 the day before to get a delivery slot of orders?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: DSG delivery notifications
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:41pm

Welcome to the forum Smiley

Your request is rather vague. Roll Eyes

Have you looked on the database, where there are numerous telephone numbers.

Before making a request, please read the instructions laid out by Dave which you can find here.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1107463510

Thanks

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:55pm

bvbrownlie wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:26pm:
Does anyone have a geographical number for DSG (Dixons, Currys, PC World) delivery enquiries which needs to be called after 21.00 the day before to get a delivery slot of orders?

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

As sherbert says, please post more information; in particular the 08 number which is useful so I can list it in the database when an alternative is found. Is this in connection with an order you've placed online and if so on which website?

I suspect we've already covered this one, and so there may be an alternative.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:00pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bvbrownlie

South Ayrshire
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:07pm

Thank you, but I checked the number first before I posted a request.   The 08 number is 08445 616000 and no alternative comes up from the database either for the number or for The TechGuys who are the people to call.  If it's been covered before, why would that be?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:14pm

Have you typed in The TechGuys into the database? There are several numbers there that may be of help. Ok your 0844 number (which you omitted in your original post is not there) but have you tried any of the others that are listed there?
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:15pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

bvbrownlie

South Ayrshire
Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:21pm

Yes, I have typed in The TechGuys and nothing comes up.   If you call one of the listed geographical numbers you get through to an actual store and they can't tell you when a delivery is scheduled, so I'm back to square one.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:29pm

bvbrownlie wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:07pm:
Thank you, but I checked the number first before I posted a request.   The 08 number is 08445 616000 and no alternative comes up from the database either for the number or for The TechGuys who are the people to call.  If it's been covered before, why would that be?

When we find an alternative number, it may be suitable for using in place of different 08 numbers. For example, in the case of DSG, it trades as Dixons, Currys, PC World and others. If the helplines for the online stores of each of these sites is answered at the same place (probably by the same staff) then there may be a single alternative (even though they all use different 08 numbers).

I am trying to establish what it is that 0844 561 6000 is published for (and who by). I Googled it and came up with nothing. I ask for your assistance with this so I can put a suitable entry in the database.

I suspect that this posting and this posting and also this database entry may be useful to you:

Dixons.co.uk             0844 561 1111       01727 202118             Online Order Enquiries   Also: 01727 202120

Let us know what you try and how you get on. When you have a suitable alternative, let me know and I will put a listing in the database.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 7:31pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bvbrownlie

South Ayrshire
Reply #7 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:05pm

My daughter bought a TV from Currys less than a year ago and its still under warranty.   The picture has failed and she called Currrys who referred her to The TechGuys.  They took the call and issued both a job number and this 08 number to call after 21.00 the night before the pick-up was due to listen to a recorded message which would give a collection slot.
I've no other way to get a geographical number, so I'll have to call 0844 516 000.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:12pm

bvbrownlie wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:05pm:
My daughter bought a TV from Currys less than a year ago and its still under warranty.   The picture has failed and she called Currrys who referred her to The TechGuys.  They took the call and issued both a job number and this 08 number to call after 21.00 the night before the pick-up was due to listen to a recorded message which would give a collection slot.
I've no other way to get a geographical number, so I'll have to call 0844 516 000.

I see. I think the odds of finding a (the) 01/02 number that gives the automated message is likely to be extremely slim.  Undecided

I tried the 0844 561 6000 number to see how it answers and it is not recognised.  Huh
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:16pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge