Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
T-mobile price increase. (Read 21,052 times)
trevormc

T-mobile price increase.
Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:41am

Sad T-mobile payg price increase from 28/11/11 from 20ppm to 25ppm
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:42am by trevormc »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: T-mobile price increase.
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:53am

trevormc wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:41am:
Sad T-mobile payg price increase from 28/11/11 from 20ppm to 25ppm

For what type of call(s)?  Huh Huh

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 10:36am

No mention of price of calls going up here

http://m.t-mobile.co.uk/m/get-more6

But they are switching to per minute billing. This means all calls from Nov 28th will be charged rounded up to the nearest whole minute. For example – a call of 2 minutes and 10 seconds will be charged as 3 minutes.

Also the cost of sending a text to another network  will  be increasing by 1p. But all texts to T-Mobile customers will stay at 6p.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2011 at 10:39am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Jordan

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 10:33pm

Per minute billing is still a price increase, if I use 2 min 10 sec and I am charged 3 minutes.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 3:06pm

Jordan wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 10:33pm:
Per minute billing is still a price increase, if I use 2 min 10 sec and I am charged 3 minutes.

Get away  Huh

Did i not mention the switch to second billing and say all calls  will be charged rounded up to the nearest whole minute and give an example ?

When i said no mention of price of calls going up here
i was obviosly referring to the original post where the poster claimed an increase from 20ppm to 25ppm.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2011 at 3:11pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 9:16am

It looks to me as though T Mobile are a rip off, there are better providers out there.

I am using Virgin mobile at present because it suits my needs. I am a low user and I am charged 8p per minute (no monthly fee) and |I am a virgin media customer. I cannot find clarification in regard to per second billing or if it is per minute but I am sure it is per second billing (can anybody clarify this) I have not topped up for months because I use my Virgin Land Line to ring virgin mobiles this is a free service for Virgin Media customers.

I think Virgin is a good deal and suits my needs and it is worth looking into.

Obviously it will not suit everbody, I hope this information assists members

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:04am

bazzerfewi wrote on Oct 22nd, 2011 at 9:16am:
I am using Virgin mobile at present because it suits my needs. I am a low user and I am charged 8p per minute (no monthly fee) and |I am a virgin media customer. I cannot find clarification in regard to per second billing or if it is per minute but I am sure it is per second billing (can anybody clarify this) I have not topped up for months because I use my Virgin Land Line to ring virgin mobiles this is a free service for Virgin Media customers.

I think Virgin is a good deal and suits my needs and it is worth looking into.

Obviously it will not suit everbody, I hope this information assists members

The Virgin Mobile website would seem a good place to look...

The tariff you are on is called The Simply 8p Tariff and is only available to Virgin Media landline subscribers, so it's a relatively closed shop.

Most people who subscribe to Virgin Mobile pay as you go today will be on The Addict Tariff which charges 26 pence per minute at all times for landlines and all mobiles. Except for off-net mobile calls, this is much more expensive that the previous offering of 15 pence for the first five minutes and 5 pence per minute thereafter during any one day.

The What it costs page says:
Quote:
Our calls are billed per second and our charges are rounded up to the nearest penny. A one minute minimum call charge applies. Premium rate calls in the UK may be billed per call, minute, second or combination thereof.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 3:03am

Tesco Mobile Lite Tariff is one of the best around for low users 8p a minute. No requirement to shop in Tesco. Smiley

Minimum Call Charge 8p then 1 second increments

"Rounding call charges and call duration: All calls are charged at one second intervals, so if you end a call part-way through a second, the time will be rounded up to the next second e.g. If a call lasts 44.5 seconds we'll round it up to 45 seconds. We have to round up any phone charges to the nearest penny, as we are unable to bill you for anything less than that. For example, if the cost of a call was £1.01005 we'll round it up to £1.02."

http://phone-shop.tesco.com/tesco-mobile/help-and-support/call-charges-payg-lite...

You have to call Customer Service to get put on it.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2011 at 3:07am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

trevormc

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 12:01pm

The cost of a voice call on your price plan will now be increasing by 5p.

Maybe there’s a better plan for you? Why not join one of our 3 great new plans that offer you loads of free stuff when you top up just £10 a month? to be found @
http://m.t-mobile.co.uk/m/get-more8

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 12:23pm

trevormc wrote on Oct 27th, 2011 at 12:01pm:
The cost of a voice call on your price plan will now be increasing by 5p.

So what is the price plan you are on? Is this increase only relevant to your plan or others?

IP Logged

trevormc

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 12:42pm

I am on pre 28 voice tariff. I have just spoken to t-mobile and been informed the increased price apply's to all payg tariffs (25ppm 01 02 03 & uk mobiles)  I do however realise that some may already be paying 25ppm but not everybody.

« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2011 at 2:25pm by trevormc »  

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #11 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 8:57am

I found virgin mobile to be the best plan for me it is only 8p per minute on PAYG and I was paying 20p on orange. Also if you have a VM Landline calls to virgin mobiles are free with no time constraint.

When my friends want to get in contacte they just call my mobile and I ring them back from the land line FREE OF CHARGE

It won't suit everybody but it works for us

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #12 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 9:39am

I assume you meant "When my friends want to get in contacte they just call my mobile and I ring them back
on their Virgin mobile numbers from my Virgin landline
FREE OF CHARGE"

Anyway, AIUI Virgin mobile is a virtual network on the T-Mobile network so 8p/minute is a bargain compared with 25p.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2011 at 9:45am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #13 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 10:30am

bazzerfewi wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 8:57am:
I found virgin mobile to be the best plan for me it is only 8p per minute on PAYG and I was paying 20p on orange. Also if you have a VM Landline calls to virgin mobiles are free with no time constraint.

When my friends want to get in contacte they just call my mobile and I ring them back from the land line FREE OF CHARGE

The highlighted part of your post is not correct, they are the same as your other calls and are limited to 60 minutes before you have to redial, from their web page:-
http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-weekends.html

"Inclusive calls to Virgin Mobiles: Calls to Virgin mobiles are free for the first 60 minutes. Calls to "active" Virgin Mobile numbers are included as part of the “unlimited” portion of your landline call package. As with your landline calls, re-dial before 60 mins to avoid call charges. To be “active”, the Virgin Mobile number called must have originated a chargeable outbound call, SMS or data session within the previous 90 days."

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #14 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:52pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 8:57am:

No it wont because only Virgin Media phone/tv/broadband customers can get it. Wink

BJ.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge