Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Virgin Media - Free 118 Directory Enquiries Svc (Read 32,457 times)
bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Virgin Media - Free 118 Directory Enquiries Svc
Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:10pm

I have just been in contact with VM and 0845 numbers are not included in the talk unlimited package but by chance I found out the calls to 118180 are FREE yes 118180 calls are free from a VM landline. The caller is able to make 10 enquiries per day from a VM landline via the 118180 number. Huh Cool Shocked Smiley all of these and more I am bemused to say the least.

Clarification VM Web Site Free Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquires (118 180): **Free Calls to Virgin Media national Directory Enquiries Service on 118180 are only available from a Virgin Media Home Phone

~ Edited by Dave: Thread split off and renamed
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 7:01pm by Dave »  
WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Re: Virgin Media Geographic Number?
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:18pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:10pm:
VM Web Site Free Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquires (118 180): **Free Calls to Virgin Media national Directory Enquiries Service on 118180 are only available from a Virgin Media Home Phone

And I bet none of my many friends who use Virgin Media's phone service (more fool them) could tell you this!

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:30pm

Always ready to help please let all your friends know, I am still shell shocked by this new. What says you?

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:57pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:30pm:
Always ready to help please let all your friends know, I am still shell shocked by this new. What says you?

Free Access also available from Virgin Mobile,s

"Free Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquires (118 180): **Free Calls to Virgin Media national Directory Enquiries Service on 118180 are only available from a Virgin Media Home Phone (cable & national) and Virgin Mobile and are included within your tariff; charges apply for calls to 118180 from other operators. Fair Use Policy applies with a maximum of 10 calls per day. You are responsible for making sure that you do not exceed this allowance. If you do exceed the allowance, we reserve the right (at our sole discretion) to charge you for the call (30p per call). Onward connection restrictions apply"

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-weekends.html
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2011 at 7:58pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Virgin Launched FREE 118 SERVICE
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:28am

FREE 118SERVICE – Quite by accident I came across a FREE 118 service that I think may be of interest to members. I read on the Virgin Web Site Free Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquires (118 180): **Free Calls to Virgin Media national Directory Enquiries Service on 118180 are only available from a Virgin Media Home Phone (cable & national) and Virgin Mobile and are included within your tariff; charges apply for calls to 118180 from other operators.   I contacted Virgin Media and I was informed that 118 services were FREE if I subscribe to a phone bundle and did not exceed 10 enquiries per day.
VM Quote  Directory Enquiry service 118180 Free Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquires (118 180): **Free Calls to Virgin Media national Directory Enquiries Service on 118180 are only available from a Virgin Media Home Phone (cable & national) and Virgin Mobile and are included within your tariff; charges apply for calls to 118180 from other operators. 
CALLERS ARE ABLE TO MAKE 10 ENQUIRIES A DAY. If members enquire to VM please be insistent because I found that all staff are not aware of this service yet. Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:34am by bazzerfewi »  
IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Re: Virgin Launched FREE 118 SERVICE
Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:40am

Please see this web link for clarification     http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-unlimited.html

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:23pm

I have just rang 118180 from my VM mobile and there was no charge for the call. Does anybody know why VM are offering a free 118 service. I think I am missing something here because I don't see what they hope to gain. The 118 market is still very profitable although it is deminishing.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Virgin Media - Free 118 Directory Enquiries Svc
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:56pm

I too would regard anyone offering a service which was advertised as "Free" with extreme suspicion.

There is a rule which says that "you get what you pay for"!

One does not have to be of the most cynical disposition to expect that such is a service is not really free, or perhaps it is worth what you pay for it.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 12:16am

Virgin Media, like any provider in any market is free (oh dear...I've used that word) to offers services to its customers and to prospective customers in an effort to entice them.

I don't see why offering free calls to its directory enquiries service should never be part of the proposition if it so wishes.

Have providers not offered inclusive calls to their own directory services before now?  Huh

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:25am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:56pm:
I too would regard anyone offering a service which was advertised as "Free" with extreme suspicion.

There is a rule which says that "you get what you pay for"!

One does not have to be of the most cynical disposition to expect that such is a service is not really free, or perhaps it is worth what you pay for it.

OK there ain't nowt in life for free as the saying goes, I suppose because you have to be a VM customer and on the Call unlimited package it is classed as a service within a package but i still think it is a very good service although callers probably wont use it that often after the first call to test the service.

I made a few calls from both my land line and VM mobile as I thought it was too good to be true but I was not charged for either call Smiley

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:35am

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:25am:
SilentCallsVictim wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:56pm:

I was not only referring to the VM 118180 service!

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:25am:
I made a few calls from both my land line and VM mobile as I thought it was too good to be true but I was not charged for either call Smiley

An interesting test would be to ask to be connected to someone with a 0845, 0844 or 0871 number and then see what the charge is!!

Does it say anywhere that onward calls are only free of charge if they would be so under the terms of one's plan? If not, this could be an interesting test.

I would strongly advise only going ahead with such a test after having spoken to the billing department and asking them to note any assurance they gave that such a call would be free.

(Before anyone asks - the answer is "No", I am still awaiting resolution of another dispute with Virgin Media.)
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:39am by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:47am

Fair Use Policy applies with a maximum of 10 calls per day. You are responsible for making sure that you do not exceed this allowance. If you do exceed the allowance, we reserve the right (at our sole discretion) to charge you for the call (30p per call). Onward connection restrictions apply"

So I doubt if they would connect a caller to an 0845 or 0871 number although with VM business 0845 and 0845 number are included in the package

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:49am

sorry typo 0345 0845 and 0870 numbers are included in the VM business package

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 12:35pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:49am:
... 0345 0845 and 0870 numbers are included in the VM business package

None of the VM DQ services are free for business users.

It is very odd that the second of these (0845) is included in packages for businesses. 03 and 0870 do not cost VM revenue share, so these are included in residential packages - 03 has to be included wherever 01/02 are. VM has only recently caught up by making 0870 inclusive, although distinct premium rates apply to non-inclusive calls - duly highlighted in accordance with Ofcom regulations (not).

Will 118Freecall offer onward connection to 084 and 087 numbers? What do other operators do?

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:47am:
Onward connection restrictions apply"

That is probably what covers the fact that calls are charged at no less than the going rate under the terms of the calling plan in effect.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 8:22pm

Hi Silent Victim - At the present time it will not be viable for 118freecall to offer onward connect calls to numbers other that 0800 0808 01 02 and 03 numbers. Once the programme is launched we will be seeking ways to improve the service at every oportunity by offering additional services.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge