Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust (Read 23,528 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
May 10th, 2012 at 11:36am

I know there was some reference to this matter under the "expensive numbers banned" thread but I felt this relatively good news might be lost there, I will leave it to Dave if he wants to move it.

As some will know, there has been a battle going on for some time regarding the Trust's use of 0845 numbers for contacting hospitals in its area.   They seem always to have accepted that this was a breach and are working towards replacing the 0845; however, after much work and persuasion, I am delighted to say that they now list the 01242 222222 number on their Contact Us page as a direct alternative to the 0845.   Whether they have gone further & amended the signage in the hopsitals etc I do not know but at least this is a step in the right direction and a benefit to patients (even if the Trust still refers to "BT local rate"!)

I would like to thank SCV for all his help, advice & support in pursuing this matter, it made a tremendous difference.  I feel it does show, when we get disheartened & wonder sometimes why we bother, that change CAN be achieved & we just need to be persistent.

I would be most grateful if this 01242 222222 could be listed in the database as a verified alternative to 0845 222222.  Thanks.

Also, I will be monitoring the situation to ensure that the full change to appropriate numbers does happen.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Re: Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2012 at 6:33am

Well done Barbara.  A just reward for all your hard work and determination.   Smiley Smiley

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2012 at 11:11am

Barbara wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 11:36am:
I would be most grateful if this 01242 222222 could be listed in the database as a verified alternative to 0845 222222.

Oops.

22 2222

http://www.gloshospitals.org.uk/en/Contact-Us/

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2012 at 11:46am

Barbara wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 11:36am:
I would be most grateful if this 01242 222222 could be listed in the database as a verified alternative to 0845 222222.  Thanks.

This number is in the database and I believe that it has been so for a while as it has been known about by us.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2012 at 11:46am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - May 11th, 2012 at 1:22pm

It is also relevant for Gloucester Royal Hospital but doesn't show up from a search under that although this is the geo alternative shown on the website for both Cheltenham & Gloucester Hospitals so a reference would be helpful as services are split between the two sites.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2012 at 1:40pm

Barbara wrote on May 11th, 2012 at 1:22pm:
It is also relevant for Gloucester Royal Hospital but doesn't show up from a search under that although this is the geo alternative shown on the website for both Cheltenham & Gloucester Hospitals so a reference would be helpful as services are split between the two sites.

There was a verified entry for Gloucester Royal Hospital switchboard with the 0845 422 2222 number and alternative 01452 528555. As the published alternative number for both hospitals is 01242 222222, I have made this the listed alternative for both.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 3:32pm

Source: Gloucestershire Echo (This is Gloucestershire)

Cheaper telephone calls for patients

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quote:
TELEPHONE numbers for the NHS in Gloucestershire are changing this month in order to make calls cheaper for patients.

Currently all numbers to Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, NHS Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire Care Services are prefixed with 0845. But from the end of the month, the numbers will start with 0300. The previous 0845 numbers will be redirected for a time to ensure a smooth transition. Leaflets, stickers and posters are being put up in hospitals about the changes.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 4:47pm

This is good news .....at last!!!   I think it was July 2011 when I first raised this & thanks must go to Dave & particularly SCV for pursuing this issue.  I wonder if it will have the desired effect of moving ALL NHS services in Gloucestershire away from 0845?   The out of hours GP service promotes its 0845 although our surgery has a link from their normal geo number but others don't, also the general contact no for Gloucestershire NHS is shown as 0845 so I think this still needs watching.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 7:21pm

Dave wrote on Nov 13th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
Source: Gloucestershire Echo (This is Gloucestershire)

Cheaper telephone calls for patients

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quote:
TELEPHONE numbers for the NHS in Gloucestershire are changing this month in order to make calls cheaper for patients.

Currently all numbers to Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, NHS Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire Care Services are prefixed with 0845. But from the end of the month, the numbers will start with 0300. The previous 0845 numbers will be redirected for a time to ensure a smooth transition. Leaflets, stickers and posters are being put up in hospitals about the changes.

I wonder if these numbers will be amended as well?

Gloucestershire Hospitals Appointments

All of which start 0845 4

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 11:02pm

From the informal inside announcement which precedes a full public announcement that will follow shortly, it appears that all of the appointments numbers (ref CJT-80 #8) and the GP out of hours number (ref Barbara #7) are amongst those included in this major project.

It is said to cover all of the 0845 numbers (… 422 and … 659) used by Gloucestershire Hospitals, PCT and Care Services.

It will obviously not cover the independent contracted GPs listed here, of which 3 practices (5 surgeries) have very recently abandoned their 0844 numbers, presumably by failing to renew their 7 year contracts.

Like the Hospital, the PCT is nearly two years late in complying with the Department of Health Directions, for itself and for the services it has since handed over to Gloucestershire Care Services. It has still apparently done nothing to enforce the terms of the contract variations on its GPs, that came into effect on 1 April 2010.

Watch the fair telecoms campaign blog for news of the commentary that will accompany the forthcoming formal announcement of these number changes.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 9:02am

Thank you for the reassurance; it was already possible to access the central booking system via the 01242 number but obviously not everyone knew this.  Many of the local publications quote the 0845 numbers, once the 0300 is publcly available I shall try to contact the publishers when I come across these to ensure the new numbers are quoted.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #11 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:24pm

For those who have not yet seen it, on the thisisgloucestershire website, the new 0300 numbers are being advertised with a flashing logo on the right hand side, very eye catching!    Don't know how & where else they are advertising, I didn't see it in yesterday's Cotswold Journal (a weekly), it may have been there but wasn't eye catching and it does cover a lot of Gloucestershire.   But it's there at last!!!!!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:13pm

Barbara wrote on Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:24pm:
For those who have not yet seen it, on the thisisgloucestershire website, the new 0300 numbers are being advertised with a flashing logo on the right hand side, very eye catching!    Don't know how & where else they are advertising, I didn't see it in yesterday's Cotswold Journal (a weekly), it may have been there but wasn't eye catching and it does cover a lot of Gloucestershire.   But it's there at last!!!!!

I can't see the flashing logo on This is Gloucestershire or anything about the number change on the home page for that matter. I see that Greggs in Cheltenham is on the move though...

So the printed edition didn't have a flashing graphic then?
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:14pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

catj

Reply #13 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:17pm

For those who have not yet seen it, on the thisisgloucestershire website, the new 0300 numbers are being advertised with a flashing logo on the right hand side, very eye catching!

Are they clearly making the point that "03 numbers cost the same as 01 and 02 numbers to call" and "03 numbers count towards 'inclusive minutes' bundles from both landlines and mobiles"?

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #14 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 10:07pm

Dave wrote on Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:13pm:

I can't see the flashing logo on This is Gloucestershire or anything about the number change on the home page for that matter. I see that Greggs in Cheltenham is on the move though...

So the printed edition didn't have a flashing graphic then?

I only found this: http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/NHS-phone-numbers-set-change-Gloucestersh...

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge