Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust (Read 23,527 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:09am

I believe that this answers many of the questions.

Click the image to see it clearly in full size. See the complete poster at this link.

The unqualified statement “no more than the cost of a call to an 01 or 02 number” is intended to mean what it says.

The comments at http://www.nhsglos.nhs.uk/telephonenumbering/ offer explicit reassurance, confirming that for all 03 numbers this does apply to inclusive packages and calls from mobiles.

The reason for choosing the 0300 range is given, although there is no explicit explanation of why the 0345 range was not chosen.

Whilst the latter portions of the numbers are being retained in most cases, there is some re-jigging of the middle portion to reflect organisational changes as a result of the NHS reforms, so that each (new) organisation may have a distinct block of numbers, as was the case previously.

For an organisation with many 084 numbers, 034 only provides a temporary "cheap fix". A move to 030 (or 033) has to happen when new numbers are required. I still maintain that this provides an appropriate option for DWP and HMRC, as in these times of restricted expenditure cheap fixes are needed.

One is always looking for ways in which a job such as this could have been done better. I have to say that if the excessive time it has taken for this change to be made has been used to get it right, then it has been well spent.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:28am by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

catj

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:00am

If I have a mobile phone contract with "300 minutes to landlines and mobiles" and "calls out of bundle are 25 pence per minute to landlines and mobiles", the statement "calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a landline call" may give me the expectation that I will be paying 25 pence per minute for calls to 03 numbers.

Adding "03 numbers are included in bundled minutes" makes it very clear that the call will be free. The information needs to be made very clear as it is easy to misread or misinterpret what is meant. Don't leave it to guesswork and supposition.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 8:26pm

catj wrote on Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:00am:
If I have a mobile phone contract with "300 minutes to landlines and mobiles" and "calls out of bundle are 25 pence per minute to landlines and mobiles", the statement "calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a landline call" may give me the expectation that I will be paying 25 pence per minute for calls to 03 numbers.

Adding "03 numbers are included in bundled minutes" makes it very clear that the call will be free. The information needs to be made very clear as it is easy to misread or misinterpret what is meant. Don't leave it to guesswork and supposition.

You are correct. The term "landlines", as used in the terms of your (hypothetical) mobile phone contract needs clarification. If it is intended to refer only to 01 and 02 numbers, rather than non-geographic landline numbers such as 080/084/087 and 09 (as is the case with some mobile contracts), then it should be made plain that it also includes 03 numbers.

Unfortunately the statement "03 numbers are included in bundled minutes" would not be true in a case where the bundle did not include 01 and 02 numbers. Furthermore, the term "bundled minutes" is not generally used to describe the unlimited inclusive calls provided under the terms of landline Call Plans.

To completely cover the point and avoid any potential for confusion, a much longer statement would be required. In the context of a poster, I believe that the wording used is sufficient. Likewise, the more extensive information provided on the website is also sufficient and proportionate.

The real problem is the lack of proper, widely-understood terms to cover the different categories of telephone call types for the purpose of charging. Let us hope that Ofcom will address this fully and properly as it seeks to "Simplify Non-geographic Numbers".
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2012 at 8:31pm by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:51am

Barbara wrote on Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:24pm:
For those who have not yet seen it, on the thisisgloucestershire website, the new 0300 numbers are being advertised with a flashing logo on the right hand side, very eye catching!    Don't know how & where else they are advertising, I didn't see it in yesterday's Cotswold Journal (a weekly), it may have been there but wasn't eye catching and it does cover a lot of Gloucestershire.   But it's there at last!!!!!

The missing Gloucester flasher has now been located.

It can be viewed on the fair telecoms campaign blog. This provides links to other coverage of the news story.

The item is actually a Googlead. It contains a link (corrected in our presentation) to the information referred to above.

P.S. The fair telecoms campaign news and audio features will very shortly be expanded. Those keen to follow developments with news such as that discussed in this forum may want to keep an eye on the blog or register their support for the campaign.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge