<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AA (Read 14,245 times)
isdoo

AA
Jul 11th, 2014 at 11:39am

I assume motoring organisations are covered by the regulations?

Just signed up with the AA.

Noticed that to call them for a breakdown, I have to use an 0800 number

To contact customer services I have to use an 0870 number or an 0843 number

Humf....

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: AA
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 9:51pm

Hi there not sure on if they are 100% covered or not, as far as I can tell they should be as they are providing a customer service line.

With regards to breakdown have a look here: http://www.theaa.com/aboutaa/contact.html?ico=homepage&icl=contact_us&icc=footer...

080 and 01 numbers are provided.

Ignore the point about calling an 084 number from a mobile... The AA need to have members have strong words with them ASAP!

Shocked

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:44am

If  you go to the section
Question or Complaint
at http://www.theaa.com/aboutaa/complaints.html

They list a whole range of Non Geographical Numbers to call  for the various  Customer Service Departments. So they are not complying.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:54am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Trenod

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 9:40pm

CJT-80 wrote on Jul 21st, 2014 at 9:51pm:
Hi there not sure on if they are 100% covered or not, as far as I can tell they should be as they are providing a customer service line.

With regards to breakdown have a look here: http://www.theaa.com/aboutaa/contact.html?ico=homepage&icl=contact_us&icc=footer...

080 and 01 numbers are provided.

Ignore the point about calling an 084 number from a mobile... The AA need to have members have strong words with them ASAP!

Shocked

Indeed! An absolute whopper of an error.

I'm with the AA for my car insurance and breakdown cover, and they are the worst organisation EVER when it comes to having multiple telephone numbers for the SAME department, all answered with exactly the same IVR. In fact, it's not uncommon for them to have more than one *0800* number for the same department, as I've discerned from the various bits of literature they send me each year. The numbers listed on their website are only the tip of the iceberg! One wonders how much all this is costing them and why they bother confusing customers (and themselves) with it. Surely one freephone and one geographic number for each would suffice?

Still, despite the unnecesary confusion, I must praise the AA for having always tried to cater for the needs of landline, mobile and payphone customers (the latter still an important consideration when it comes to car breakdown) by providing a decent spread of numbers, and for not shying away from publicising the better ones (albeit highly inconsistently). They have nothing at all to fear from the EU Directive.

Incidentally, there is an 0800 number for non-urgent car breakdown queries (e.g. change of membership details) which, for some reason, they don't give on the link you quoted: 0800 435980 (freephone equivalent of 0843 316 4444 and 0161 332 1789). They list it on some of their literature though. (Astonishingly, saynoto0870.com also gives an 0870 number for the same!)
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:14pm by Trenod »  

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:30am

Apart from the, "should they be covered by the new regulatuions?" aspect, I today called the AA to discuss my new Buildings and Contents insurance policy.

I CAN CONFIRM that 0800 032 3604 is an ALTERNATIVE to 0843 316 1617.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

bolsheVik

Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2014 at 11:50pm

not adding much value to the previous post, but i used 0800 number on the card to amend personal details. There's an options dialer when you call.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 12:15pm

As far as I can tell, The AA have got 03 numbers, which have replaced their previous 08 numbers (excluding the 080 numbers)

I am not sure how long this has been the case.

http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/?ico=homepage&icl=existing_customers&icc=he...

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge