Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free Call Divert to 80 Countries (Read 8,201 times)
mikeluton

Kent
Free Call Divert to 80 Countries
Dec 4th, 2014 at 10:14am

A good way of avoiding roaming charges is to purchase a "Free Call Divert SIM Card" where you can divert calls to local landlines and mobiles in 80 countries including Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Spain, South Africa. The SIM card has an 07452 UK number.

I travel to the Philippines a lot and I just divert my calls to a local Philippine mobile number. When back in the UK, I divert back to my UK landline or mobile.

http://bluewatertelecom.com/Free-Call-Divert.php

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Free Call Divert to 80 Countries
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 8:26pm

The 07452 numbering range is allocated to Manx Telecom its not normally included in inclusive minutes, and callers can pay an arm and a leg  to call them. Some sort of revenue sharing  apparently exists, which enables the supplier to take a cut and offer the international diverts.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2014 at 8:26pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 7:49am

This may be a daft question. When we see a mobile number in the form 07xxx how do we know what we're going to pay? Let's leave aside the nasty little con of 070 numbers which aren't mobiles at all and will hopefully be outlawed by Ofcom (a man can dream!). There seems to be a list of other 07xxx numbers which mobile operators don't include in their packages and there's no easy way of knowing what they are until you get an unexpected bill after dialling them.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 10:08am

Hi Allegro

Its a minefield and their are so many of them.  Major suppliers do normally publish a list,and tell you in their T&C ,and on their pages.

Eg: http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-term...

Read section 2 downwards.

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2014 at 10:25am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

mikeluton

Kent
Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 4:31pm

I have checked and calls from my Virgin Mobile VIP unlimited contract include calls to 07452 numbers. Agree, it is minefield but you can always check if you have online billing, whether calls to 07452 are included.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 6:47pm

mikeluton wrote on Dec 5th, 2014 at 4:31pm:
I have checked and calls from my Virgin Mobile VIP unlimited contract include calls to 07452 numbers. Agree, it is minefield but you can always check if you have online billing, whether calls to 07452 are included.

Virgin Mobile T&C  Say Inclusive minutes are UK calls to UK landlines (beginning 01, 02, 03) & UK mobile networks. Calls and texts to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man mobiles not included. UK texts and data only. 

They have not got around to updating the call forwarding codes. But now you have drawn peoples  attention to it they might well do so. Wink

Do you work for Bluewater Telecom by any chance ?

BJ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge