Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Voice Declaration (Read 48,694 times)
chagever

Voice Declaration
Nov 4th, 2016 at 7:16am

Hello,
I have a small question please.
Where can i find the rules for 084 and 087 numbers? Specifically, i'm looking to find if a business with 087 number must declare the call rates? (voice declaration when you call through the number)

Thank you, and i must say, this website and community looks great!  Smiley

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Re: Voice Declaration
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 9:13am

Ofcom's requirement is for call costs for numbers starting 084, 087, 09 and 118 to be declared such that you know the cost before you call. Call costs must be stated next to the number wherever it is advertised or promoted.

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/businesscalling

There is no Ofcom requirement for call costs to be declared at the start of the call.

There is a requirement by the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) for some classes of Controlled Premium Rate Services (CPRS) to declare call costs at the start of the call. These are detailed in a series of special conditions.

http://psauthority.org.uk/for-business/special-conditions

Controlled Premium Rate Services are defined in section 2 (e) of Ofcom's 'PRS Condition'. It is services defined as CPRS that are regulated by PSA.

CPRS regulation covers:
- unbundled tariff numbers with a Service Charge of more than 7p per minute or per call (087, 09, 118),
- all chatlines, adult entertainment and internet dialler-operated services, irrespective of prefix or price,
- numbers where the benefit to the called party and/or their telecoms provider is more than 10p per minute or per call (070, mobile sbortcodes).

« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2016 at 9:29am by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

chagever

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 10:48am

Hey Ian01 thank you for the information. I actually have 3 more questions, i hope you can help me with Smiley

- are there any special requirements when using 087number? For exemple, if a company have 087 number and 084 number, are they obligate to provide some extra service with the 087 number (call recording or anything like that)?

- Do you have any idea if 09 numbers that cost 25 PPM need to have voice declaration or its the same rules like you mentioned on your last replay.

- Here in the UK there are some numbers prefixes that are blocked by default? (i think 090 numbers but im not sure).

Thank you verry much! i am new in the UK and these things are very helpful for me.

Shoniele

IP Logged

chagever

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 3:39pm

bumping this one...maybe someone can help?

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 5:37pm

Aside from "adult" entertainment services being restricted to using 098 prefixes (plus the older 0908 and 0909 prefixes for pre-existing "adult" services) any service can be provided on any 084, 087, 090, 091 or 098 number. Numbers starting 118 are reserved for Directory Enquiries services.

There is no general requirement to declare the call costs at the start of the call. The general requirement is to declare the call costs next to the number wherever the number is advertised or promoted. This ensures the caller knows the cost of the call before they make the call.
http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/businesscalling

Some types of Controlled Premium Rate Services have a specific requirement to declare call costs at the start of the call and/or warn of elapsed call duration and/or cut off the call at a certain price cap. Those requirements are detailed in the individual rules that apply to that type of service.
http://psauthority.org.uk/for-business/special-conditions

Some providers offer a "premium rate bar" but what this covers varies from provider to provider and likely does not cover all that one might reasonably expect it to. It is likely to cover calls to numbers starting 090, 091 and 098 and may also cover calls to numbers starting 118. It problably doesn't cover calls to numbers starting 070, 084 or 087. Calls to mobile shortcodes and texts to and from mobile shortcodes are a whole other matter.

« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2016 at 5:52pm by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge