<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Numbers not listed (Read 5,284 times)
JSHE2011

Numbers not listed
Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:55pm

I have just registered for this site, why when I search for a number starting with 0345 it doesn't come up with any searches

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Numbers not listed
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:59pm

Good Evening JSHE2011

Welcome to SayNoTo0870.com

Is there a reason you need an alternative to an 03 number?

03 numbers including those beginning 0345 are charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers* (the original point of this site is to find 01/02/080 alternatives to expensive 084/087 numbers), therefore we would not list any alternatives to 03 numbers.

I hope this answers your question.

Smiley

EDIT: * As long as the call is made from within the UK and not Overseas or the IOM/Channel Islands. Exclusions may obviously apply.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:40pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:30am

CJT-80 wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:59pm:
03 numbers including those beginning 0345 are charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers (the original point of this site is to find 01/02/080 alternatives to expensive 084/087 numbers), therefore we would not list any alternatives to 03 numbers.

CJT-80 firstly its not true that 03 numbers are always charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers if the originating caller is calling from outside the UK.  This is because unfortunately Ofcom's GC17 only applies to calls from the UK and in the real world 03 numbers unfortunately still cost significantly more to connect and per minute for the OCP than 01/02 numbers.  This is why the cost of services such as 1815.co.uk has gone up considerably from 5p connection charge and 0p per minute to 5p connection charge and 0.5p per minute or more (I make most of my daytime calls on my mobile now so may be out of date on their pricing).   This is because so many of the daytime calls they connect are now to 03 number destinations.

Also if you visit http://m.orange.es/en/personal/mobile-service-plans/international-calls/mundo/ and select Reino Unido you will see they currently charge 3 Euros a minute for all NTS numbers from an Orange Spain mobile including 03 rather than differentiating between lower cost 03 and 0845 and extortion level 09 NTS.

I have previously corresponded with them at CEO level about this but it seems impossible to persuade them to institute a fair charging system.  As 03 numbers are part of the UK NTS system and GC17 does not apply in Spain I am quite sure this is what Orange Spain are charging to UK 03 numbers compared to 5 cents a minute to a UK geographic number.  The solution to this is to use one's UK mobile for the time being but that's not much help if you are a Spaniard calling on a Spanish landline and who knows what will happen to calling the UK on a UK mobile from Spain once we fully leave the EU at the end of 2020???

<div style=

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:39pm

Good Evening NGMsGhost

I apologise if I have given the impression that 03 numbers are charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers outside of the UK.

I have edited my post to indicate this.

I am sure that sometime ago I spoke to you (via this forum) about the cost of calling an 03 number from Spain.  I believe the call was to PlusNet.

I responded as I did, because the OP simply stated they were after an alternative to an 0345 number, and as other people have posted here before asking the same question only to find out it's because they assumed they would be charged more then an 01/02 number when calling from the UK, that I replied in that way.

I hope this clarifies my reasons.

Thanks again.

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge