Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alternative number for Garden Gear Online (Read 7,570 times)
nlb65

Alternative number for Garden Gear Online
Apr 18th, 2020 at 10:14am

Who is the company?
Garden Gear Online. They are part of BVG Group.

What is the nature of your call? Customer services, complaints, new business etc.
Customer services. An update on the whereabouts of an item.

Where is the company based? A full address is always useful.
BVG Group Address is below:
Brecon Enterprise Park, Ffrwdgrech Rd, Brecon LD3 8BT

All numbers I have found associated with them are 0871 numbers. Garden Online is one of their brands. They have their own switch board, so I think I need the number for Garden Gear Online rather than just any of their brands.

Why do you want to contact them?
I made an order through Groupon, Garden Gear Online are the actual supplier. I've had issues with Groupon so needed to call Garden Gear Online to sort out the order. Every time I call, I am spending 3-4pounds. I asked 2 customer service agents if they have an alternative to the 0871 number and neither of them knew it.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Alternative number for Garden Gear Online
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 11:04am

nlb65 wrote on Apr 18th, 2020 at 10:14am:
Who is the company?
Garden Gear Online. They are part of BVG Group.

Good Morning nlb65 welcome to SayNoTo0870.com.

Is this the company you are referring to?

If so they are flouting The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which state: Quote:
Help-line charges over basic rate
41.—(1) Where a trader operates a telephone line for the purpose of consumers contacting the trader by telephone in relation to contracts entered into with the trader, a consumer contacting the trader must not be bound to pay more than the basic rate.

(2) If in those circumstances a consumer who contacts a trader in relation to a contract is bound to pay more than the basic rate, the contract is to be treated as providing for the trader to pay to the consumer any amount by which the charge paid by the consumer for the call is more than the basic rate.

This is because they are listing only a premium rated 0871 number.  I do note here they have an e-mail address.  Have you e-mailed them?  If not, I suggest you do and raise the complaint while you are at it.  They technically owe you the call charges as well!

Please let us know how you get on
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2020 at 11:12am by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

nlb65

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 9:41am

Thanks for the prompt response.

You are correct, it is that company. The challenge is that my contract isn't directly with them, it's with Groupon. Technically, Groupon are meant to be offering me customer service however they have done such a dire job, I've had to contact the supplier directly. I agree, if I had bought the item directly from them, I'd have grounds for refunding the call cost. In this case, I'm not sure I do. I also need their cooperation to fix the issues.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2020 at 5:47pm

nlb65 wrote on Apr 19th, 2020 at 9:41am:
Thanks for the prompt response.

You are correct, it is that company. The challenge is that my contract isn't directly with them, it's with Groupon. Technically, Groupon are meant to be offering me customer service however they have done such a dire job, I've had to contact the supplier directly. I agree, if I had bought the item directly from them, I'd have grounds for refunding the call cost. In this case, I'm not sure I do. I also need their cooperation to fix the issues.

Hi nlb65 in that case you may want to start by complaining to GroupOn about their lack of Customer Service, have you used these contact options?

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Jakkio90

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2020 at 11:57am

You have to make an official complaint otherwise it's not going to work. During summer I stay in my property in Greece and local telephone company tried to overcharge me so I made a big complaint and it worked great in my case. everything was fixed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge