Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UK Power Networks - what a mess of numbers (Read 1,841 times)
allegro

UK Power Networks - what a mess of numbers
Jul 27th, 2022 at 1:47pm

If you visit the Statement of Services link from UK Power Networks wesbite you will see an inglorious mess of 0800, 0845 and mis-statements about the costs of calls:

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/statement-of-services?dm_i=1T2Q,7Y66A,A3WU1I,W...

For example on one page it says in a footnote about an 0800 number: " Calls to these numbers will cost no more than a local rate number from a mobile. If you get inclusive minutes
in your mobile phone package, calls to these numbers are included.". These calls are always free.

There are 0845 numbers in palces where they are not allowed (probably now outdated) with no declaration of costs.

And this bit of inglorious nonsense: "We understand calling 0800 numbers from mobile phones or abroad is expensive so calls to these numbers will be charged at your standard network rate for calling landlines.
Calls to these numbers are normally included in any inclusive minutes you have on your mobile contract."

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: UK Power Networks - what a mess of numbers
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2022 at 8:56pm

allegro wrote on Jul 27th, 2022 at 1:47pm:
If you visit the Statement of Services link from UK Power Networks wesbite you will see an inglorious mess of 0800, 0845 and mis-statements about the costs of calls:

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/statement-of-services?dm_i=1T2Q,7Y66A,A3WU1I,W...

For example on one page it says in a footnote about an 0800 number: " Calls to these numbers will cost no more than a local rate number from a mobile. If you get inclusive minutes
in your mobile phone package, calls to these numbers are included.". These calls are always free.

There are 0845 numbers in palces where they are not allowed (probably now outdated) with no declaration of costs.

And this bit of inglorious nonsense: "We understand calling 0800 numbers from mobile phones or abroad is expensive so calls to these numbers will be charged at your standard network rate for calling landlines.
Calls to these numbers are normally included in any inclusive minutes you have on your mobile contract."

Good Evening allegro,

Having had a look over the PDF Document (provided via that link) the entire document looks like it needs updating.  Incorrect or vague call pricing info, and generally misleading info as well.

Once I have some time available I will endeavour to contact UK Power Networks via their website.

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge