Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
BT scam with non-geo Nos (Read 21,074 times)
DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: BT scam with non-geo Nos
Reply #15 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 12:24pm

As a matter of interest, I agree with your latter points. But we weren't talking about
sitting in queues
, it was about the
multi-choice options
. Queues happen whichever number you use, Geo or Non-Geo !
As for the
3/7p a min for the privilege
, try looking at the TRUE cost to those without  the benefit of inclusive call plans. Doh !! It's the same ! Well I never.

My point was to find out from you -
Quote:
How do they do this ? Which way is this
virtual monopoly
set up ?
and to make the point on Telcos charges, which you obviously ignored.
Instead of sidestepping, try answering the questions and
read before you write
!
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2004 at 4:55pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

firestop

Do unto others, before
they get a chance to
do....

Reply #16 - Jun 2nd, 2004 at 2:56pm

I did not want to further repeat the original link in this, from Dr Feltham, as it was quite lengthy - have you read it?
Sitting in queues and multi-choice options are invariably directly linked, and I only mentioned them after you postulated that these multi choice options get you through to someone 'quicker' and 'you pay less'!!  No one I have ever spoken to seems to agree with that.
I see that BT have just increased charges by stealth, insisting all customers go onto their Option 1, no 'line only rental now'.  Presumably "a good thing"?
Since privatisation BT have found it very hard to 'let go' and face true competition on their lines (or were they our lines??).  Hopefully OFCOM will show some teeth, although I am not hopeful.
As an obviously 'interested party' nothing anyone says will change your position, so be it.

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #17 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 10:56am

Kevin Kearney,

I note that you have posted here some or all of your response to the last Ofcom "consultation". However I also note that you are not included within the Ofcom published responses? Since you were prepared to publish your response on this forum I would presume that you did not withhold your permission for Ofcom to publish your response?

I am collecting examples of where Ofcom have evidently attempted to conceal the real number of adverse responses which they received on this subject. Can you please inform me whether you actually submitted your response on an official Ofcom form and whether you submitted it specifically as a consultation response rather then a complaint?  Also what date did you submit it please. I already have significant evidence that Ofcom have deliberately covered up the true avalanche of responses which they received.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

hoxne

Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 9:33am

Quote:
... it's costing you only a local call charge anyway.
I do not see the percieved problem with calling an 0845 number. Are you saying that these are not charged at a local call rate (other than from a mobile) ?

Calls to 0845 are not charged at a local call rate from landlines or mobiles, they're charged at the originating operator's 0845 'special services basic rate' rate which is, in almost every case, significantly higher than their local rate, and in most cases significantly higher than their national rate (where there's a distinction between local and national rate).

IP Logged

nkitson

Guildford, Surrey
Reply #19 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 1:46pm

Faz referred to a website that identifies the operator associated with a given code but couldn't remember the address.  Its http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/section/home/introduction.shtml for anybody interested.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #20 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:25pm

Quote:
Faz referred to a website that identifies the operator associated with a given code but couldn't remember the address.  Its http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/section/home/introduction.shtml for anybody interested.

You can download this data from Ofcom:
Numbers administered by Ofcom

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge