got the 'out of office'reply,
but did give another emaill address 'if urgent'

andrew {dot} maclean {at} uk {dot} tiscali.com
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:13pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

mikegordon

Re: Pipex (Tiscali)
Reply #46 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 1:15pm

General point re Tiscali/Pipex: it is obvious there are loads of disgruntled people who object to the way they are now treated by Tiscali. I have learned that many if not all their staff in Manchester are being fired in September and the people who do answer the phone on the 0161 number are being "retained" merely to field calls and do the job to get the redundo, and who can blame them? I just have received another nonsensical "customer services" response which shows patently the new people answering these calls and letters (allegedly in the Phiilipine or even New Zealand!) know nothing.

Is there any way a "class" action or complaint be submitted to OFCOM (or whoever the regulator is now) based on the fact that when most of us contracted with Pipex it was a British company with proper service and telephone numbers. Having been taken over by a faceless company with apparently no proper UK offices and telephone numbers should we not have the right to terminate our agreement with them forthwith regardless of contract date because we are no longer receiving the level or quality of service which we signed up for? We must all learn to vote with our feet. In the US, 0800 service numbers are the norm.

Mike Gordon

IP Logged

mespilus

Reply #47 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 8:54pm

Count me in for any Class Action.

Amazingly, having emailed Mary dot turner and her minions,
and told by email Tiscali/Pipex Customer service I was unable to access 0871 numbers, I received a call back.

The male Phillipino Tech Service Agent was able to offer a plausible solution to my problem.

Doesn't make up for losing the old 01707 Pipex tech service line though.

IP Logged

smallholder

Deep in the country
Reply #48 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 1:48pm

hello
Called Pipex today about a phone problem, trying to use numbers in alternative numbers database.  Most did not work, but got through on 02033028403.  After jumping through usual hoops the guy said I needed technical support, refused to transfer me, and said I should use the 0871 6633300 number.
However, I tried and got through on 02033028404.  Girl there was helpful, transferred me to Technical Support, and am now waiting for advice/result from them..........?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge