DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: PIPEX Customer Services
Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 1:06am

marlin wrote on Jun 6th, 2008 at 12:30pm:
Good God !  Isn't the purpose of this site to campaign against 0870 numbers ?  If so then I am astonished at the gutless and complacent response made here by an official of the site !

As noted by Jgxenite, that entry was made two years ago and if you actually took the time to read it, the postee was calling a Geographic number, NOT an 0870 !!

Would you like to take your foot out of your mouth now ??  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mikegordon

Re: Pipex (Tiscali)
Reply #31 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:14am

The high level complaint number 020 8495442 goes to Tiscali and they do not deal with Pipex complaints

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #32 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 1:07pm

Thanks Mike. I could really have used a number for making a High level complaint right now.  Undecided

Just as a slight aside. 0871 222 5550 is ONLY 5p/min from a Pipex billed lines.

Hence, as I'm currently involved in a dispute for my son with Pipex Billing overcharging him for his Braodband Max, contacting Customer services is cheaper than calling from BT. Which is why, contrary to my normal practice of prefixing NGN's with 1280 to divert it to BT, I call them from my Pipex billed line.

I have seldom had a problem with Pipex Customer services except that they are in India. No, unlike my son, I don't have a problem with that. What is the problem is that they are remote from the Pipex Billing and other Pipex departments so all communication is by email. That would be OK if the other dep'ts actually read or replied to the emails and after over 2 months, emails & a dozen or more contact attempts through CS, it's getting really frustrating.

I've now bypassed them and gone through the Internet Services Providers' Association (ISPA UK) to contact them. The first attempt has failed to illicit any contact from Pipex Billing so I'm just sending the second complaint.

Anyone who has any direct contact numbers for making complaints, please let me know.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #33 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 1:13pm

DaveM wrote on Jun 14th, 2008 at 1:07pm:
Thanks Mike. I could really have used a number for making a High level complaint right now.  Undecided

Just as a slight aside. 0871 222 5550 is ONLY 5p/min from a Pipex billed lines.

Hence, as I'm currently involved in a dispute for my son with Pipex Billing overcharging him for his Braodband Max, contacting Customer services is cheaper than calling from BT. Which is why, contrary to my normal practice of prefixing NGN's with 1280 to divert it to BT, I call them from my Pipex billed line.

[…]

Anyone who has any direct contact numbers for making complaints, please let me know.

DaveM, have you looked at the posts I made above; replies #25, #26 and #27?

Unverified number for Richard Lawrence in High Level Complaints (possibly Tiscali) is 020 70872210.

Manchester numbers for Pipex and Pipex Homecall are also above. Pipex customer services can be contacted on 0161 4515154. Other numbers are available.

IP Logged

RickRandom

Reply #34 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 7:44pm

I think I'm in the same situation as others here. I just got a letter from Pipex saying I haven't paid, and to phone them on 0871 221 2212. Ringing the alternative 0161 or whatever I found on this site gets a recorded message saying the number has changed to 0871 663 3300. Cheeky so and so's!

On my credit card bills with the monthly Pipex payments, there's "Pipex Internet 0845 077 2455", but that just answers with "Please redial" but no suggestion as to which number I should redial on.

I checked with my credit card company and they haven't refused any payments, so it must be Pipex failing to correctly request the payment.

Trying the Pipex My Account page, there are options for changing my address, but no option for changing the payment method.

I'm reluctant to call the 0871 number, but on the other hand (because they're really irritatingly incompetent) I want to change ISP and I fear they won't give me the Migration Authorisation Code if I have an outstanding debt.

I guess I'll just grudgingly call...

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #35 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 8:10pm

RickRandom wrote on Jun 14th, 2008 at 7:44pm:
I think I'm in the same situation as others here. I just got a letter from Pipex saying I haven't paid, and to phone them on 0871 221 2212. Ringing the alternative 0161 or whatever I found on this site gets a recorded message saying the number has changed to 0871 663 3300. Cheeky so and so's!

It does appear that the number 0161 4515154 has been taken out of service since last week. I note 0161 4515041 which had a menu on with an option to leave Pipex last week is now unobtainable.  Lips Sealed

Try some of the other numbers I found. I've just tried a few and they answer "Pipex Homecall", even those which I listed as answering just "Pipex".

Please let us know what works as the number in the database needs replacing.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #36 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 2:15pm

Dave wrote on Jun 14th, 2008 at 1:13pm:
DaveM, have you looked at the posts I made above; replies #25, #26 and #27?.

I've already called all  the Pipex associated numbers from the list with NO success.

Dave wrote on Jun 14th, 2008 at 1:13pm:
Unverified number for Richard Lawrence in High Level Complaints (possibly Tiscali) is 020 70872210.

Tried this one a few times with NO success as it just goes to voicemail. Will try him again later. I never left a message, as with others, they never seem to bother getting back to you.

IP Logged

andrean

Re: Pipex (Tiscali) - RETENTION
Reply #37 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 6:02pm

Dear all,

Wow! I thought it was only me that's going crazy with Pipex's incompetance! They took unauthorised money from my account and I've been trying to resolve the issue since December - reading these mails makes sense of it all.

I would like to cancel my account with them and the number they have given me is : 0871 222 6366 - does anyone know the geographical equivalent to this one?

I've read through these mails and I can't seem to find this particular one, so I'd really appreciate your help.

Many Thanks,

Andrea

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #38 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 6:43pm

They took unauthorised money from your bank account? If this was via the direct debit system, take it up with your bank and get a refund from the bank under the direct debit guarentee that all banks sign up to.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:08am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

RickRandom

Reply #39 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:17pm

andrean wrote on Jun 16th, 2008 at 6:02pm:
I would like to cancel my account with them and the number they have given me is : 0871 222 6366 - does anyone know the geographical equivalent to this one?
I grudgingly called this number today and requested my MAC, as I thought cancelling at my calling expense was the lesser of the 2 evils.

Sorry I can't help.

IP Logged

dendo

Re: Rec  message redirects caller to original 087
Reply #40 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:07pm

The original No. is 0870 6633300 and the alternative No. is 0161 451 5043 and the firm is Pipex Homecall (Tiscali).  I have also reported the full details to SAYNOTO0870.COM and await their reply.  My concern is that if all firms adopt this method of redirecting clients to 0870 numbers then SAYNOTO0870.COM will not be very effective.

Edited:
This thread has been split off from another one. dendo says that 0161 451 5043 now refers to the 0871 number.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 8:44pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #41 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:28pm

Mmm, as you will see here http://www.moneysupermarket.com/COMMUNITY/forums/t/pipex-homecall-0870-rip-off-a... there may not be an alternative. However BT  have (from April 2008)   0800 and 0808 numbers to their various help desks, perhaps it is time to change?. I have been on their Broadband for 18 months now and have to say that I have not had any problems, in fact when the contract came up for renewal they gave me £3 a month discount for the next 12 months......... Just a thought. Smiley

IP Logged

dendo

Reply #42 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 4:50pm

Many thanks for the info.  Maybe I've been fortunate but I have experienced good service from my current ISP Pipex and Pipex Homecall Anytime.  In fact having looked at some of the forums on ISP's I would have to say I've been extremely fortunate!!  Please note that I've kept my line rental with B.T.

I look forward to a reply to my query sent to SAYNOTO0870.COM regarding the neat sidestepping of the alternative No. by Pipex Homecall but it would also be interesting to know if other 0870 firms are using the same subtle method of avoidance to alternative 01 Nos.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Pipex
Reply #43 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 8:50pm

dendo wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:07pm:
The original No. is 0870 6633300 and the alternative No. is 0161 451 5043 and the firm is Pipex Homecall (Tiscali). …

Thanks. I've now removed this number and replaced it with two other numbers which go straight through to customer services (maybe queued) without the menu. I have left the "Technical support" as it is for now. I would like to know whether the 020 numbers given are for customer care or technical support or both.

dendo wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 3:07pm:
… I have also reported the full details to SAYNOTO0870.COM and await their reply. …

I am responding to you having read your forum post. Messages sent using the contact page and the support @ say no email address go to site admin.

As you can see, Pipex has been busy changing numbers as I drew up a long list of Manchester numbers (see here). The one you used was on that list and worked. If you call them, please don't tell them you called using a 01/02 number. It is also good practice to withhold your number with 141 if it is not done so automatically.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 8:51pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

mespilus

Reply #44 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 11:52am

I have an arcane problem with Pipex,
(unable to log in from Turkey, their server/system fails to recognise either the "i"
or the undotted i present in the Turkish language, and on the keyboard).

Can get to ( Manilla, Phillipines-based, a first for me), Customer Service using the landline numbers but they are unable to transfer to Tech Support.

All the other numbers ask for landline number and route you to 0871 numbers (663 3300 or 222 3311).

Roll on October and my MAC request.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge