Send Topic Print
Medion Hotline (Read 26,970 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Medion Hotline
Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:05pm

mainbass wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 4:34pm:
Would the hotline freephone for Irish customers work substituting 0 for the 1…

It's an Irish 1800 number, so it is only dialable from within Ireland.

1800 in Ireland is a prefix, just like 18185 or 118866 in the UK. Thus, an Irish 1800 number cannot be dialled from abroad.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:16pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:25pm

Dave wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:01pm:
715630 also starts off "Thank you for calling the Medion" (synthesised voice), but requests a customer number followed by pound sign.

Further to my earlier posting, I called the 0871 376 1020 number and selected the option for support (there is another option for Aldi Photo Service). It went through to the same synthesisied voice message as is on 01793 715630, so I assume it to be a suitable alternative and have listed it as such in the database.

Please let me know how you get on by posting feedback on this thread.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:37pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

dandy

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 8:15pm

I,ve just earlier rang 01793 715 700 and a female answer phone voice said it,s Nick Shenton,s number, leave message, so doubt this will get to tech help !

IP Logged

dandy

Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 8:28pm

I might have found the tech hotline number, just rang a few of the listed numbers from dave,s earlier post, and 01793 715 630 said on an answer message ( outside of office hours ) " please call back during hotline opening hours " .....I,ll call tomorrow, then post what the situation is, hopefully the tech hotline,s landline number, looks like Medion have realised we,re calling the hotline from a landline number ( don,t know how ? ) and are trying to be more covert like alot of these companies ....if this is the number it,s still answered from the 01793 area code, so unclear if staff are being told not to divert calls from the other 2 numbers now, because of them not wanting customers to by pass the 0871 number ? See what happens tomorrow.

IP Logged

dandy

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 12:38pm

The 01793 715 630 number is the number now to ring for the Medion tech helpline, I,ve just rung it and got through to tech help with no other staff to by pass / talk to before you get through. I rang the number yesterday and got an automated voice recording, which makes it clear to continue waiting and if you wait without doing anything you do eventually get a tech support staff member immediately on the other end of the telephone, to help you, with no questions to answer about what number you rang etc....to speak to him / her. There are no numbers to press or complicated requests to be put through by another dept etc....just straight through after waiting to get through, and your tech issues can be dealt with. Hope this helps everyone needing this service. Don,t say what number you dialled to get through, we don,t want Medion changing this number to block calls, they assume you dialed the 7 pence a minute number, lets keep it that way.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge