Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who's BAD ?! Cheaper Telco charge Revelations (Read 7,230 times)
DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Who's BAD ?! Cheaper Telco charge Revelations
Jun 2nd, 2004 at 3:52pm

All of you that thought 0845 was a scam by the people using them for their business !

It costs the subscriber £11.75 a month (minimum 12 months) for the service per number, and they are charged 4.09p/minute (Basic) or 5.22p/minute (Advanced) each call made to it.

And about those 0870 calls:-

It costs the subscriber £11.75 a month (minimum 12 months) for the service per number and it pays them 1.76p/minute (Basic) or 0.63p/minute (Advanced) each call made to it. Payments made monthly or when it gets to over £100.

Now for the biggest revelation of all.

The Telcos are charged normal rates for these numbers, and they just choose to charge you whatever they like.

Follow the links above to BT's website or 01324 450174 for a human response.

Now who's the BIG BAD BOY ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2004 at 4:51pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Peter Moore

Re: Who's BAD ?! Cheaper Telco charge Revelations
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2004 at 5:41pm

WRONG WRONG WRONG  Only BT, as one would expect, charge a monthly ongoing charge for non-geo numbers, 0845, 0870, spend a few minutes on the web and anyone can find plenty of telco's who give these numbers away free or for a very small one time setup fee, they then share the revenue generated from the number with the subscriber.  Rule of thumb always to be used with regard to ANY telco issue.  If BT offer it, you'll find it cheaper eslewhere, if it's cheap from BT it'll be free elsewhere!

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: Who's BAD ?! Cheaper Telco charge Revelations
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 2:22am

And if you care to look properly at the info I gave above, that is also what I said !  Lips Sealed
The links are to BT's site information and I also pointed out that other Telcos can charge whatever they like. It isn't only BT that make a monthly charge; others do so as well. I don't deny that some of them (Telecom Plus I think is one) do them for free & share the revenue.
The point made was . .
Quote:
The Telcos are charged normal rates for these numbers, and they just choose to charge you whatever they like.
so they could charge us at normal rates but they choose not to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge