<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Auto dialers (Read 18,139 times)
Ashley

Auto dialers
Jun 22nd, 2004 at 7:49pm

does anybody know if a dialler box exists which can be programmed for different area codes and time periods to dial the telecom prefix numbers?

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ”

Peterborough
Re: Auto dialers
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 1:05am

I think that you'll find it's called a
computer
as only a scheduler could work out the time and call using the appropriate prefix.  Hoomans could also do it & they're even cheaper !  Grin

Plugin auto dialers are low cost and made for a particular market ie. Telcos to give out to customers.

There are many computer modem software suites available (phone book, fax, scheduler, answerphone) that when connected to your phone will do just what you want. Most modems come with the suite so that looks to be your best place to start. There's also plenty of other functions included as well.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2004 at 4:22pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

David Ireland

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 12:22am

You could try a small phone system, the siemens office/hicom can do this very easily. Im sure some autodialer may have this function, but they are now becoming obsolete.

IP Logged

Ollie

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 5:30pm

Try this:

http://www.orchid-electronics.com/v4dialler.htm

Haven't used one myself, but have heard it works well.

If you have any queries - ask their technical support - it's meant to be pretty good.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ”

Peterborough
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 6:20pm

Had a good look at them and it looks like just what I want. Their Dect phones are nice as well. It looks like the business phone system wants upgrading. Time to hammer the credit card.

Oops !! Anyone got a Geographic number for them please as you have to order on (guess what) 0870 0640020. Tech support is also on the same number.

Orchid Electronics Ltd
6 Canberra House
Priors Haw Road
Corby Gate Business Park
Corby, Northants. NN17 5JG
Tel : 0870 0640020
Fax : 0870 0640021

(Note. Different business to Orchid Data Systems over the road)

Thanks for the info Ollie

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 7:34pm

I've been using one of the v4 diallers for quite a while now - Fully programmable, and very effective.

I was actually wondering if I could get a bulk discount from them  Smiley

Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

Heinz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 11:50pm

Quote:
Oops !! Anyone got a Geographic number for them please as you have to order on (guess what) 0870 0640020. Tech support is also on the same number.

Orchid Electronics Ltd
6 Canberra House
Priors Haw Road
Corby Gate Business Park
Corby, Northants. NN17 5JG
Tel : 0870 0640020
Fax : 0870 0640021
According to the BT Directory Enquiry database, 6 Canberra House, Corby Gate Business Park, Corby, NN17 5JG  is occupied by:

Dialogue Network Services Ltd

(01536)  443677

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ”

Peterborough
Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 2:52pm

. . . and Vibrotech (UK) Ltd. (01536 200014) . . . and Way In Ltd. (01536 400244).
I found out that they're all numbers for companies that used to be at that address.

I called Orchid this morning and got the info about the diallers that I wanted.

The DECT phones Ranger 500 & 400 have the v4 dialler software in them, although it's not mentioned on the website. They include the full functionality of the dialler so you don't need to purchase both.
Looks to be a great buy with all the access numbers that I have now. I fancy the Ranger 400 in black, mainly 'cos I don't like silver.   Grin

IP Logged

pauld

Newport, South Wales
Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2004 at 12:42pm

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place or does not make sense.

I have for a long time, wanted some sort of auto-dialler / router, which would route different  calls through different suppliers, but have had no luck until recently.

I have Broadband Voice and the ATA supplied (free) by BT is a Fujitsu FDX-840, which does just the trick.  I have both my landline and Broadband Voice (BBV) calls on the same handset (BT Diverse 4010).  My landline is with BT, but my CPS is onetel - onetel give a £20 credit on your account when signing up online.

I have set up chargeable calls to go via onetel and all other (non-chargeable) calls go via BBV.

So calls to 118111; 07 (mobiles) 0845 & 0870 are programmed via onetel - and use the £20 credit to cover these calls. Last month my onetel bill was £3.94, so I £16.06 credit carried forward.

Calls to 01/02 are included in my BBV and are routed through BBV.  Incidentally, calls to 100; 112 and 999 are not available through BBV and are automatically connected via onetel/BT.

Once again, I don't know if this is the right place for this - but I had to share it with someone.

IP Logged

mypinknee

AKA Mr Grumpy

Glos
Reply #9 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 5:35pm

I have just received my dialler (a V4) version from Orchid.  They were really helpful and quick - less than 24 hour turn round.  Because I am an Apple Mac user 8) they were able to set the unit up so I could programme it via DTMF phone with a fairly simple code.  It is all done now and I no longer need to enter 18866 each time.  It has an overide access number if I don't want to use 18866, and it is set up so that 09 calls are barred.

While disconnecting my old First Telecom dialler I realised that it was also from Orchid - its an older version only programmable by DTMF phone.  It was suggested I may be able to reprogramme it using the phone.  So far, no luck - it could be that it is not using the default pin number which normally 000.  Anbody have any ideas as to what First Telecom might have used?

Whilst browsing for information on DTMF, First Telecom and diallers I found this site http://www.magsys.co.uk/telecom/opnotes.htm which gives up to date comparisons on operators costs.  Their main homepage is at http://www.magsys.co.uk/telecom/

Roll Eyes

Communication is the most important thing.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ”

Peterborough
Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 8:27pm

Bin using the Magsys site for ages thanks and yes it's good. Look back thru my previous posts to see them.

As the guy who runs it will tell you, it's only as upto date as the info from the Telco's. We had some fun not long back with some Telco's that had changed their data but not resubmitted it to Magsys.

Thanks for the info on the Dialer - I'm not decided yet so that helps. I'ts either getting the phone which includes the dialer software, or the dialer alone. I might have to wait for Santa !! Undecided

IP Logged

Victor Delta

Why is the devil always
in the detail?

Poole, UK
Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 8:48pm

With regard to mypinknee's old First Telecom dialler, if no one here can help you, I suggest you post the same query on the uk.telecom newsgroup where such subjects are often discussed.

Hope this helps.

PS I'm another satisfied Orchid V4 user.

IP Logged

nkitson

Guildford, Surrey
Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 12:37pm

Orchid's Ranger 400 phone looks a great deal - anybody know if it has a socket so I can plug a regular speakphone in and benefit from the Ranger 400's call routing ability?

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ”

Peterborough
Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:52pm

Ring their Tech Support on 01536 443677 and ask them.  They are very helpful  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2005 at 2:32pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

lily

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 7:58am

I have purchased several autodiallers from Orchid.  Regarding setting up the autodiallers, I am not very technically minded, but their customer service has been second to none!  Also, they no longer advertise the 0870 number on their website.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge