Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Beware payment by credit card (Read 21,793 times)
Rick_B

Re: Beware payment by credit card
Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 1:33am

Yes I remember something about Buzzline .........it was a scam simply to get your credit card details.
I think in this case because they did it to so many people it was clearly a con and the credit card people closed in on it.

However with the sloppy consumer laws that have been weakened with the conservative government for 18 years the con and rip off is just an everyday situation. From Dentists to plumbers to builders to garages to electiricity companies, railways in fact you name it they're all doing it. What should cost £20 becomes either £220 or £2020.
The notion of integrity and honesty have all but disappeared ..........even the Police are fiddling the stats .... did you know crime is going down?

Yes rather funny isn't it!

Quite how they've come to that I don't know as every day I see evidence of car break ins, vandalism or clear examples of plain old theft.  Yet as recently as the early 1970s you could leave your car unlocked and the keys in the ignition and no one would dream of stealing the car or anything in it. Yet how can they say crimes going down? A shooting in England in those days was about as rare as a world win at football now. How things have changed since the mass influx of immigrants.

Now when the Police take a day to give an incident number and the only thing you're likely to get is another increase in your insurance premiums is it any wonder why no one bothers to report these now.

Going back to the subject of credit card companies........
yes phoning them and telling them your cards lost or stolen .........they have no choice but to reissue another with another number. BT or whoever then have to get that number and you're not going to be telling them are you!

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2004 at 1:41am by Rick_B »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge