Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT's "improved" price plans (Read 3,376 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
BT's "improved" price plans
Aug 22nd, 2004 at 11:43am

BT has "improved" the service it offers by removing the standard price plan, and "upgrading" me to Option 1.

Yes, the calls are only 5.5p for up to an hour, and yes, the daytime rates are reduced, I'll agree with that, but I was on standard because it was cheaper for me.

I use NTL dial up, and get £15 worth of free calls, and only pay £15 per month.  Therefore, I preferred to use up that allowance, instead of paying BT for my calls.  This £15 worth of free calls included premium rate, mobiles, and NG numbers.

So now, for this "privilege" I'm paying an extra £1 per month, to BT.  Also, they have removed the call allowance, which I used to make a few geographic calls on.

How can BT claim to be providing a better service in all of this?  If people wanted to be with BT and made alot of calls, they would already be on Option 1,2, or 3.  If you never made any calls, and didn't use an indirect provider, you would use the low useage plan.

BT are just stinging people who want to use a BT line to access the internet, and take advantage of cheaper indirect providers.  Standard line rental was the best option for this.  Now they're charging extra, and taking away the best features of standard price plan, and claiming to be improving the service.

Another Great British rip off, along with 0870/0871/0845/0844 numbers

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: BT's "improved" price plans
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 5:24pm

Quote:
BT has "improved" the service it offers by removing the standard price plan, and "upgrading" me to Option 1.

Yes, the calls are only 5.5p for up to an hour, and yes, the daytime rates are reduced, I'll agree with that, but I was on standard because it was cheaper for me.

It's all a con.
  • short (geographic) calls cost more in evening and weekend (than in the daytime). This includes calls to answerphone services like BT 1571 which is 'free' (to the person who has the service on their line)
  • removing call allowance and putting up overal price means an increase in line rental of 43%!

More information here.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2004 at 5:36pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge