<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
adding new numbers (Read 10,120 times)
reggie

adding new numbers
Oct 26th, 2004 at 7:34pm

I have been very grateful to this site for coming up with geographical numbers for me as no doubt have many other people, however I have noticed that in my case the person providing the number has not added it to the list. Having become aware of this I have in fact done so which is of course fine but I think people should be alerted to this so that when they are given the number they should make the effort and add it to the list and not assume that the person who has been good enough to find the number for them has already done so
This sounds a bit complicated but I think you get my drift. Maybe this should be in the numbers request forum. It would be a shame to let peoples efforts go to waste!
Thanks again.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: adding new numbers
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 7:41pm

Absolutely right; well said!

And, of course, if you want a thing doing...

IP Logged

Heinz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 7:48pm

Quote:
Absolutely right; well said!

And, of course, if you want a thing doing...

Start a new thread in the Site Related forum.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 12:33am

I understand Reggie's reasoning on this & agree with it to some extent.

As a researcher/provider, and Moderator, when I source any numbers I usually add them to the Unverified list for later inclusion in the database, and I would hope that others doing the same did so as well.

The additional point in this being that I also verify them prior to giving them out, so that when it comes to checking the Unverified list at a later date (same day or sometime later), I already know that they are confirmed working. I just have to confirm the far end is who I think they are and the only time I have problems is when
Nobody is there
to verify it,
No Answer
Constantly Busy
or suchlike.
Dead numbers
, etc. are immediately obvious and I wouldn't give them out, but I do give out numbers that I have confirmed ring but didn't necessarily get a reply from. In those cases I require confirmation from the requestor to advise me that the number worked ok and was the right person/agency.

So you see, one scenario for the person sourcing the number to add them, and another for the requestor to confirm it ok by adding them later.

Don't worry too much though. Daniel and I both monitor the Forums and try to make sure that none of the numbers drop through the cracks. You'll often see me checking numbers sourced by members and pointing out (sometimes bluntly) that they don't work, or it's the wrong number & suggesting another.
If you happen to notice one that we've missed, please let us know (send a message) or just add it yourself.

You'll probably appreciate that I spend a lot of my time checking the new numbers. I have just finished tidying the database & it hopefully no longer has any duplicates (no guarantees - tell me if you see them).

Keep up the good work guys - it all helps.

IP Logged

robinp

Hampshire
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 7:54am

Hi DaveM,  I think you've done a good job so far "tidying up the site". I especially like all the information on the Home Page, which I'm sure is of great help to Guests & New Members. In fact I, (& I'm sure many other Members) know you do a great job  looking after, & contributing to the site. Keep up the good work, & don't get too frustrated with some of us sometimes for not doing the "correct" thing in submitting items to the site!!!

robinp

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 9:58am

Hi Dave M. Please don't take my comments as a criticism. You're doing a great job ; I just think we should all do our bit to help. Will it help you to know that the CAF Bank number in the unverified list has been used successfully  by my family.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2004 at 12:57pm

You've done a good job Dave.

Can you add those Shoosmiths Solictors numbers or a hyper link to the thread I made? There's just one of many Shoosmiths numbers in the listings.

The thread is here:
http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=test;action=display;num=...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge