Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pizza Hut sponsors The Simpsons using 0871 (Read 9,445 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Pizza Hut sponsors The Simpsons using 0871
Nov 16th, 2004 at 6:43pm

There's a lot of talk about fatty foods and the possiblity that their advertising will be regulated. Now The Simpsons has moved to Channel 4 they have Pizza Hut as a sponsor. The advert promotes their home delivery service.

They advertise an 0871 number and do not even say how much it costs. I've checked and the number costs 10p/min.

IMHO it takes advantage of those who are most likely to be unaware of the cost associated and the benefit to Pizza Hut.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Pizza Hut sponsors The Simpsons using 0871
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 8:05pm

It's been more than six months and they are still getting away with it. I didn't realise that the programme is sponsored by a rival pizza company on Sky One, Dominos and also gives out an 0871 number with no pricing information.

Pizza Hut have this graphic on their homepage:

How it's free I don't know!

And before you ask, the asterisk is "Not valid at Dine-in only locations", so no, they haven't found it upon their conscience to tell their customers what it will cost them to phone up.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Pizza Hut sponsors The Simpsons using 0871
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 8:58pm

Domino's Pizza only seem to use an 0871 when sponsoring The Simpsons on SkyOne as their website lists a geographical (h/o) as a contact and each store (well the ones I tested anyhow) all had local geographicals.

Also, complaining about Pizza Hut's description to the ASA is pointless unless someone has seen it advertised somewhere.  The ASA cant deal with anything on a website unless it was an advert (it popped-up or you clicked on it via another site) which means I assume it then would come under Trading Standards remit for investigation.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2005 at 9:05pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge