<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AA's 0870 number (Read 6,449 times)
vinnieboy

AA's 0870 number
Nov 19th, 2004 at 9:49am

Just tried to get a quote from AA for car insurance. As they displayed their 0870 number, I gave my 0870 number as my main contact number. Guess what they said when I entered my 0870 number? Not recognised format!!! LOL So, I said to myself, yeh same as your 0870 number I don’t ring them numbers.

Please feel free to call us on 0870 xxx xxx xxxx

Bit contradictory don’t u think?

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: AA's 0870 number
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2004 at 10:53am

I've had the same problem with many companies.

When I've filled in online forms that require me to give my home number, either optional, or compulsary, I put in my 0871 number, and get told when I press submit, that it's an "invalid number"

Surely if these numbers are invalid, then companies shouldn't be using them in the first place.  At the end of the days, it's those kind of companies that started the craze in 0870 numbers, and fuelled their popularity at their own profit, and the expense of Jo Public.

Surely since such a commodity is now available to Jo Public, then it would only be fair that companies use these numbers to call back their customers!!

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2004 at 11:51am

This is utterly disgraceful! Not only is it unfair that companies use 087 numbers but won't let their customers do the same, but some people have no option but to use 0870 numbers - students in halls of residence for example (yes, some students do drive cars!). Other people may use voice over IP with an 08 or 05 number, and not have a landline.

There are alternative contact numbers on this site for AA, so you can call them to complain without it costing too much. Tell them your only number is 0870 and that if you can't complete the form, you'll take your custom elsewhere.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2004 at 11:07pm

Too right !!

If they want your business they can either call you (or not)! They're ultimately the losers.  Undecided

There's plenty of others out there with NORMAL Geo numbers or Freephone that you can call instead. Maybe when these people aren't getting the business they'll finally understand why, but I doubt it.

Email them to let them know why you're taking your business elsewhere - as a last act of defiance & all that !   Grin

IP Logged

copperbean

Hi it's Copperbean!!

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 11:11am

Hi,  I had the same problem with Budget Insurance.  I had a complaint that was going nowhere.  Eventually they agreed to call me back.  When I gave them my 0871 number they had the cheek to ask me to check my number as it should begin with 02 or 01!

Eventually they did call me back on the number, and resolved the complaint.  Incidently if you ever need to phone them, they have a freephone number 0800 107 2864 

Smiley

Have a look at the copperbean website. www.copperbean.co.uk

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 1:01pm

Quote:
Hi,  I had the same problem with Budget Insurance.  I had a complaint that was going nowhere.  Eventually they agreed to call me back.  When I gave them my 0871 number they had the cheek to ask me to check my number as it should begin with 02 or 01!

Eventually they did call me back on the number, and resolved the complaint.  Incidently if you ever need to phone them, they have a freephone number 0800 107 2864  

Smiley
That one's not on the saynoto0870 list for Budget.

Have you added it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge