Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Re: Who is behind Call18866? (Read 54,873 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: Who is behind Call18866?
Reply #30 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 4:06pm

And of course, those who make most of their geographic calls during the evenings, or weekends, the monthly fee for free calls is even less.

Some places are not even charging a monthly fee for free evening and weekend calls!!

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #31 - Mar 22nd, 2005 at 10:56pm

Regarding the dodgy Continuous Credit Card Authority that 18866 use, I found this on their FAQ's page:

What kind of payment methods do you offer?
You can sign up with any credit or debit card (Visa, Master, Euro or Solo/Switch card). We do not offer direct debit payments yet, but are working on a solution to offer this in the future. To stay informed of all new options added to our service please subscribe to our newsletter.

I'm not going to sign up until they offer Direct Debit Payment, as I know friends who've suffered with CCA mechanisms...  Sad

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #32 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 8:55am

You are correct. There is a risk, but I have not specifically heard of anyone having had specific problems with 18866 in this respect so far. Perhaps if there is anyone who has actually had an experience of this type with 18866 they could post the details here?

Meanwhile, I think the risk is worth taking in view of the money which you can save?

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #33 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 2:01pm

I'm still concerned about the way this mysterious company insists on holding your card details.  If they did debit huge amounts off a credit card, would you be able to dispute it successfully with your card company??  ???

And about this "invoice" which comes out monthly - isn't this more of a statement where they just tell you how much they're charging you before they take it?  And is there a process for querying calls which may not have connected, or asking them not to take a payment in case of a dispute, etc.?

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #34 - Mar 23rd, 2005 at 4:04pm

I'm still concerned about the way this mysterious company insists on holding your card details.  If they did debit huge amounts off a credit card, would you be able to dispute it successfully with your card company?? 

Well, if you notice something unusual on your credit card, then just report it to your credit card, stating that it's an unauthorised transaction, making it fraud.

The Credit card, would then ask the company why they are taking this amount.

If the amount they're taking is for a disputed bill, where you do not agree with the cost of the calls, then there's a bit more work to do, but if the amount is for a frauduelent transaction, which doesn't relate to a bill, then the company will be liable to repay the amount, unless the contest it.

It's just a matter of informing the card company, and whether the card company is willing to investigate on your behalf, or whether they just say "Take it up with the company concerned"

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

TonyB

Innocently looking to
save money!!!!

York
Reply #35 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 11:50am

2 points to raise.

1/ Has anyone else noticed a marked deterioration in quality of lines via 18866? or is it my phone cracking up?

2/ I looked today at my Cap1 statement to find an entry to wwwfinarea.ch internet for a small amount I couldn't recognise & so checked website on wanadoo search. It was for 1899 calls, but the interesting thing is that the site linked to www.magsys.co.uk where I found reams of info on the telecomunications industry ; comparisons of charges, lists of company numbers etc..
If not seen before, it should provide hours of interesting research!!!!!!!

OOPS! Just seen top of page ref by NGM!!!  Still this magsys thing is some site. Is all the info accurate?
TB
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2005 at 11:54am by TonyB »  

IP Logged

Milex

SuperSaver SilverSurfer

Twickers
Reply #36 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 1:54pm

Quote:
"I looked today at my Cap1 statement to find an entry to wwwfinarea.ch internet for a small amount I couldn't recognise ..."

Call18866's T&C webpage gives Finarea SA as their owner as at 2 Oct 03 (Swiss Co.Reg.No.CH-514.3.024.457-9).

Postal address (from www.magsys.co.uk/telecom/oplist.htm):
Viale Carlo Cattaneo 1
Lugano 6900
Switzerland

I'm sure someone really interested could get Finarea's number from international directory enquiries.  Also trading as Budgetcom!!

More useful is Call18866's contact Nș:0808 170 1708 (haven't tried it though).  Anyone know if this is the same as the one given by Martin Lewis? - can't find that anywhere!
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2005 at 1:55pm by Milex »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 3:31pm

Quote:
More useful is Call18866's contact Nș:0808 170 1708 (haven't tried it though).  Anyone know if this is the same as the one given by Martin Lewis? - can't find that anywhere!

This 0808 number is not very useful unfortunately.  It merely gives you your 18866 customer number which then gives you access to your own bills on their website.

This has always seemed rather dodgy to me security wise as basically anyone with access to your phone line can get access to your 18866 online account without needing a username or password.  But this doesn't work from anywhere else unless people have a way to falsify their CLI information to someone else's number?

You say you are Martin Lewis's helper or something.  Can you explain further?

Also why have you stolen the forum member picture already in use by one of the two Dave's?

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #38 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 5:50pm

You are right NGM. This icon stealing seems to be increasing! I had to drop mine and make do without one now, because the same thing happened to me.

I think the problem is that the forum software allows multi-use of the available icons. It should really remove each one from the available list as it is adopted by each member?

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 5:57pm

Quote:
You are right NGM. This icon stealing seems to be increasing! I had to drop mine and make do without one now, because the same thing happened to me.

I think the problem is that the forum software allows multi-use of the available icons. It should really remove each one from the available list as it is adopted by each member?

For how much longer will Pooh Bear and his Honey Pot be safe then? Shocked

I believe there is however the facility to load one's own logo instead of the one's supplied by the forum itself?  This looks like the only solution.

IP Logged

TonyB

Innocently looking to
save money!!!!

York
Reply #40 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 6:13pm

Bout 23 mins I guess Grin

Wats all this to do with the business at hand?

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 6:26pm

Quote:
Bout 23 mins I guess Grin

Wats all this to do with the business at hand?

Because people like to feel they establish an identity during their participation in the forum.

Speaking of which I hope that you will be returning to your Members Profile to remove the Bear straight away.

Zena, Wacko, Sonic and Superman are all still available as are quite a few others.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2005 at 6:28pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 6:31pm

Speedy Gonzalez, Smurf, the list of free characters goes on and on, although you do of course have to trawl a few threads to realise which are taken.

I don't think anyone should have a forum character before they have made at least 10 posts.

IP Logged

lily

Reply #43 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 9:34pm

Finarea's phone number in Lugano is listed as +41 919225431

IP Logged

juby

Gloucestershire
Reply #44 - Apr 1st, 2005 at 10:42pm

Stop icon stealing for ever!

Simply use a photo that you have taken yourself!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge