Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are BT serious?? (Read 8,076 times)
omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Are BT serious??
Mar 11th, 2005 at 11:26am

This morning I got a letter from BT, and the first rhetorical question was "Are you aware how much your calls are costing?".  (My answer would be  "Yes - exactly", 18866 provides that info almost instantly!).

Finally it suggests ringing them .."about switching your calls back to BT".  Now why would I wish to do that when 18866 are so much cheaper?

However it does seem to suggest that BT is getting concerned about how many people will now be using 18866 etc. for calls and simply paying the necessary line rental to BT

I think I will reply and ask them to let me know when their price matches 1p connection and no per min charges (with no subscription!).

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Re: Are BT serious??
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 12:31pm

Yes Omy it is unbelievable quite how out of touch they really have become. However, I would reply stating that if and when their price is reduced to less than the competition I would consider rejoining them - not just when they "match" the competition!

After all with their SMP they have the economies of scale. If 18866 can provide UK calls at 1 p for any duration then in BT's position with SMP they should be able to offer a lower price. The reason they do not is that they have a bunch of amateur managers who do not know how to reduce their costs and run their company competitively! Most of them are too used to operating with a monopoly and dictating the prices and terms to their captive subscribers. Ofcom assist them at every juncture to continue their virtual monopoly, so they never learn how to compete.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2005 at 12:32pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

egri

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 3:00pm

Quote:
However it does seem to suggest that BT is getting concerned about how many people will now be using 18866 etc. for calls and simply paying the necessary line rental to BT

I doubt BT could careless about 18866. Hardly anybody has even heard of it.

IP Logged

cranhill

Leicestershire
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 5:11pm

Hi, I agree, I don't  think BT is losing any sleep over 18866 or 1899. I have told dozens of people about these deals and only the odd one has bothered to look into the deals and joined. It's apathy that keeps BT where it is today.

IP Logged

crazyjim72

Aberdeen
Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 3:10am

BT are sending out the letters to everyone who uses another company for calls,if you use another provider other than 18866 then BT works out cheaper so for thoes customers it would make sense to switch back,unless you run a business of course.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:33am

8) 8) 8)
Would you care to give us an example of how BT are cheaper then OneTel,Talk Talk,etc,etc

BJ.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 3:29pm

0845 and 0870  !  Lips Sealed  (
Sorry that's two examples !
)

. . . and I'm with OneTel, 18866 and 1899 on a BT line   Grin

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 4:47pm

8) 8) 8)

I meant apart from 0845/0870 my mistake. So like me you have CPS to Onetel,and use 1899,1866.Do you send your NGN traffic through BT.Use the free weekend calls and free Directory enquiries on Onetel.Then place the rest of your traffic through 1899,and 18866 depending on which is the cheapest? Out of interest who do you put your mobile calls through?

BJ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge