Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Acer Customer Support (Read 76,344 times)
stuartw101

Acer Customer Support
Mar 28th, 2005 at 3:40pm

Anyone got a number for Acer's customer support number - 0870 401 5066 ?

Ive seen one here for acer but i dont think its for the customer service number.

Thanks, not happy with them because i bought a pc from them and when the pc turned up it didnt work so im trying to get hold of them to give them a piece of my mind but because it costs so much im having to email them but of course would rather speak to someone.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

Alternative

Re: Acer Customer Support
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 10:25pm

Try:-

Acer  UK Ltd

(01753)  699200

Dakota Ho, Poyle Rd
Colnbrook, Slough
SL3 0AY

Ask for customer services and of course, make a polite complaint about their using of premium rate telephone numbers! Smiley

IP Logged

stuartw101

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 10:27pm

so they wont charge the premium rate even if they put me through to customer services?

so what is that number for? also where did you get it from and what is that address?

Thanks  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2005 at 10:32pm by stuartw101 »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 11:10pm

No ! They don't charge you anything other than a normal phone call to the landline number, but they won't put you through to Technical Support either !! I'm assuming it's them that you want. You don't give much information, but when I checked the Acer website, 0870 853 1000 was the number for Technical support and not the one you've given. Your number is nowhere that I could find so I suggest that you confirm it.

Now it could be that it's for a different product. You will need to check and give us as much information as you can. The cheapest option is to call them on
01 40732 14
  using 1899 or a similar Telco.

See Dave's Guide to finding geographical numbers for some help (as your new to the site) in finding some more details for us to work with.

IP Logged

stuartw101

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 10:26am

erm i want to talk to them about the pc i want replaced and that i want to cancel my 2 year warranty, would i need customer services?

ths is the website with the numbers

https://sslrelay.com/s77548008.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1542491f7...
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2005 at 10:28am by stuartw101 »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 1:14pm

Sorry but the company you're dealing with is NOT Acer uk. It is in fact -

CET (UK) LIMITED
9 Creative Lofts
15 Northumberland Street
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire HD1 1DT

Internet details about them are very few & far between and none of the normal company number searches gave anything. Very secretive !  Undecided

The best & cheapest option to contact their Customer services is on the number I gave above,
01 40732 14
using 1899 or a similar
Low cost Telecom Provider
. It will only cost you 3p for connection and .5p/min after that. (
click on the 1899 to link to their website
). You don't have to change your normal phone provider to use them.
A lot cheaper than the 0870 call you must admit.  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2005 at 1:41pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

stuartw101

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 1:16pm

whats this telco thing? do i have to change my telephone provider?

lol, so what number do i have to phone to contact acer uk?

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 1:51pm

See my amended post above where I have tried to explain my information better ! Roll Eyes

Acer UK switchboard is on
01753 699200
. You can ask for Customer services (you won't get Technical Support) but they will just tell you that your problems are only resolveable by CET (UK) Ltd.   Shocked

IP Logged

stuartw101

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 2:02pm

01753 699200 is sales and marketing and they said i should ring the 0870 number for customer support.

what number can i ring then?

IP Logged

Alternative

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 2:37am

My original posting is 2nd one down.  I did a simple search on BT's search site -  http://www2.bt.com/edq_resnamesearch
I knew that Acer are based in Poyle near slough (I drive past them sometimes) so I put in Slough as the town and it came up with the address and phone number which I copied & pasted into my posting.

IP Logged

ragged1100

Acer 'can't believe I'm so mean' (Technical Sup)
Reply #10 - Jul 5th, 2005 at 4:17pm

Just dialled this number:

Acer (UK)  0870 8531000    01753 699230    Technical Support

for Acer technical support. There's a recorded message saying the number for tech support has changed to (yes you guessed it!) 0870 8531000. If you press '0' you do get through to a (very snotty) receptionist, who tries to tell you again the number has changed to 0870 8531000. After explaining that I paid for free national calls and had no intention of paying for an 0870 number she reluctantly, but somewhat rudely put me through, with a parting quip 'I can't believe someone is so mean not to pay 7p!'. I don't mind 7p, but when I make at least 10 0870 calls a day, 70 a week, 3650 a year, you get the picture, yes as I pay for free national rate calling I do feel just a little bit conned having to pay £250 a year for calls I've already paid for! So, if you're bored and have free national rate calling, give this rude lady a call and ask to be put through to technical support. She may find there are many other 'mean' people out there demanding fair play from their telcos!

Rant over

Ragged
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2005 at 4:19pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Acer 'can't believe I'm so mean'
Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2005 at 11:36pm

Quote:
'I can't believe someone is so mean not to pay 7p!'

Can't believe that acer is so greedy. Even if they have plenty of company. Sad

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2005 at 7:04pm

'I can't believe someone is so mean not to pay 7p'

And don't forget, it's 7p a MINUTE, not 7p per CALL.

A 1 minute call, would merely involve someone saying hello, and giving basic information, assuming the call was answered by a human, rather than a machine.

When you get call queueing, or of course longer customer service calls, transferring between departments, being put on hold, whilst info is being sought, then you're talking about a 20 minute call sometimes, and thats £1.40 and not 7p.

And yes, like most other people on this site, I am mean, and won't pay £1.40 if I can make the same call for free.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2005 at 3:41pm

When I talked to the Acer switchboard, they were very helpful. The problem has probably come about because they (Acer) do not have the Tech Support people at that location, so it would be an outside call for them to put you through to the outsourced company that does it for them in Plymouth.   Roll Eyes

Therefore the only number they would be able to put you through to would be the 0870, which automatically gives you the options and routes you to the
next available
free Customer services operator logged onto the call centre system.  As it's another company, there's no guarantee they even have the Geo number, other than the switchboard for Esplex of 01752 243800   Undecided

IP Logged

robeich

Acer Spares
Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2005 at 5:00pm

Does anybody know the number for Acer spares dept? It's actually an outside company (name unknown) 0870853 1007. I  have tried 4 times to reach them , only to get a 5 minute wait and then a recorded message.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2006 at 7:50pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge