Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
residential CLI number change? (Read 21,669 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: residential CLI number change?
Reply #15 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:31pm

Most calls I get from call centres are from witheld numbers, however if I get an "unavailable" number, then usually it's from India.

As most telcos from abroad don't release the CLI, then the calls you get from India are always unavailable.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #16 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:36pm

Labour Party HQ, comes up Unavailable, if the call centre in newcastle (gosforth) calls me.
If London HQ calls, certain numbers come up and others come up witheld

Had a call from Number10, it came up with an 0870.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:42pm

Quote:
Had a call from Number10, it came up with an 0870.

But of course in line with the general organised Labour party move to the widespread use of 0870 numbers as a form of "stealth tax".  I trust that you lodged a complaint about this pointing out the COI guidance.

Why exactly would number 10 be calling you though?

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #18 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:57pm

Quote:
But of course in line with the general organised Labour party move to the widespread use of 0870 numbers as a form of "stealth tax".  I trust that you lodged a complaint about this pointing out the COI guidance.

Why exactly would number 10 be calling you though?

Seeing as it was them calling me on my "council line", I didnt mind about the 0870, but id never call them back on the 0870.
The reason they were calling me was to confirm an invitation theyd sent me for some Labour Party reception.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #19 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:59pm

mc661, do they call you on your geographical landline or do you give them your NGN number?

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 2:02pm

Quote:
The reason they were calling me was to confirm an invitation theyd sent me for some Labour Party reception.

Do people in Norfolk travel as far as London these days then? Wink Grin

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #21 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 2:35pm

Quote:
mc661, do they call you on your geographical landline or do you give them your NGN number?

I think it was on my 0871, as thats the only number Labour party has for me on membership record, but it could have been a GN as it would be *evil* to force my electorate which I represent to call a NGN, and the GN is published on councils website, plus the standards board wouldnt like it either, me making money out of phone calls out of the electorate

Quote:
Do people in Norfolk travel as far as London these days then? Wink Grin

Yeah, funny thing is weve actually got a pretty decent train service, on an electrified line (which the local tax payer paid for about 60% of the cost to electricfy)
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2005 at 2:37pm by mc661 »  

IP Logged

nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Reply #22 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 5:41pm

interestingly enough.. Sorry I cant rememeber the name of the software, although well known..

Having signed up for one of these Voip services a few months ago just to test it out. One gets a choece of which number to have for incoming purposes.. This number infact did show up on CLI..

Call 0800/0808/0500 with no credit! True unlimited talk/text/data. PM for recipe.
IP Logged

BillH

Reply #23 - Aug 21st, 2005 at 11:01am

Hi all. In June 2003 a friend changed from BT to British Gas and this meant that his number was no longer displayed but came up "unavailable". At the time I spoke to a Mr Dan Lidster, Customer Services Manager of BG Communications (0845 0709010) who advised me that not all their sub contract carriers have the technology in place to support CLI. He went on to say that they were encouraging all their carriers to provide this facility but that it is expensive. By having cheaper carriers enables them to offer a cheaper tariff and meet Oftel's requirements. He also said that it is not a requirement of Oftel for service providers to support CLI. I wrote to Oftel and received a letter back dated 16th June 2003 from Christopher Stock, Consumer Representation, who wrote that there is no existing requirement on any operator other than BT or Kingston to provide CLI facilities. He went on to advise that "Condition 19 of the General Conditions of Entitlement (which enter into force on 25 July 2003) will require communications providers to provide CLI facilities, subject to TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY AND ECONOMIC VIABILITY. Oftel and, in the future, Ofcom, will still consider the circumstances in which it would be reasonable for an operator not to provide CLI facilities on feasibility and viability grounds."
Perhaps some of the more seasoned contributers could advise whether this two year old policy is still in place? My friend has since moved and is back with BT. Bill

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge