<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spoof site (Read 10,005 times)
davis

Spoof site
Sep 26th, 2005 at 10:04pm

This may not be the appropriate place to post this request but no doubt will be moved by the moderators if necessary.  I use dial up atm as do not want to lock into 12 month contract. When I try to log onto this site I have noticed that I appear sometimes to be directed to www.saynoto0870.c om (subtle difference) which triggers a "security" notice, the CD rom drawers open as if by magic and my computer crashes.  Would be interested to know if anybody has any information about this?

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: Spoof site
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 2:26am

I think that you may have a virus or spyware on your PC that's doing the funnies !!   Undecided

If you put the www.saynoto0870.c om into the internet browser on a PC that is OK, it quite rightly comes back with an error, as there is no such animal. Some internet browsers associated with Google or Yahoo search engines will advise that
this did not match any documents

If your machine is a standard system, I suggest that you look at Adware location & removal software. If you do not have the SP2 update for an XP system, load it urgently after checking for viruses, worms and Trojans. This will activate the Firewall feature automatically. If you do not have antivirus software or it is out of date, update it urgently. The free Stinger download is one that I recommend for removal of most known germs.

Thanks for the information though. Let us know how you get on.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Spoof site
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2005 at 6:07pm

I agree with DaveM, you have probably got spyware/adware or a virus.

Another great free spyware/adware software is Ad-Aware from Lavasoft.  Click here and scroll down to the 'Mirror Sites' and download from download.com or pcworld.com.

I'd use Ad-Aware to remove/detect most spware/adaware on your computer and use the link DaveM posted for checking for viruses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge