Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
MSE HAVE raised awareness of 0870 consultation!!! (Read 34,175 times)
dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Re: MSE may yet raise awareness of 0870 consultn??
Reply #30 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 7:20pm

Hi omy,

The reason I was shown as an ex-member was that somehow I got ejected from the forum. I have now been reinstated though not with the same number of posts as I had when I was ejected. It seems I may have caused a problem with the forum SW?

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 7:32pm

dorf wrote on Nov 15th, 2005 at 7:17pm:
NGM, I do understand that : "... absolutely key to such an appointment that one should not appear to be too militant or hostile to Ofcom telecoms consumer." Only a representative of a telco surely would be hostile to the "Ofcom telecoms consumer"? I can't see how Martin Lewis would be hostile to the Ofcom telecoms consumer, since he always takes the stance of saving consumers money.

In any case what is the or an "Ofcom telecoms consumer"?

Sorry dorf this was my misspelling.  I meant to say that to get on the Ofcom Consumer Panel it is absolutely key that Ofcom does not perceive one to be too energetic or determined an existing telecoms consumer activist/campaigner.  Thus by saying nice things about Ofcom supposedly taking pro consumer action on 0870 Martin Lewis would hope to clearly improve his chances of being on good terms with Ofcom.

However Daniel has already told me that he is hoping to send an email about the Ofcom consultation document to a very big email circulation list (much bigger than just those signed up to this forum) in the course of the next few days.  Of course I never know how much cooperation there is between Messrs - and Lewis on such matters given that this site does have a very active sponsorship from the MSE site.  And at the moment that sponsorship does not appear to have been withdrawn. Wink

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #32 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 8:27pm

Quote:
   Of course I never know how much cooperation there is between Messrs - and Lewis on such matters given that this site does have a very active sponsorship from the MSE site.  And at the moment that sponsorship does not appear to have been withdrawn. Wink

You don't make it very clear why you think these people should keep you informed about all their actions.

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #33 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 9:35pm

NGM, so you mean that Ofcom only want people on the Ofcom consumer panel who are not hostile to the current failures and outrageous decisions of Ofcom? In other words they want individuals who claim to be consumers, but consider Ofcom to be doing a good regulatory job?

I find it difficult to believe that there could be any such mythical people who are real citizen consumers! I suppose though on that basis if Martin Lewis has gone cold to his original position of intending to campaign against the scams and evidently navigated something of a "U" turn he might be a suitable candidate. I now therefore think I understand your point.

[Ofcom must find that there is an extreme difficulty in finding such candidates for their panel, unless they again get some of the employees of telcos to pose in their extra-mural role as "citizen consumers"?]

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #34 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:44am

I note that the money saving expert, Martin, has included the following within his latest mass email:

<<
Annoyed with hideous 0870 numbers.... urgently have your say

Call to complain about a company on an 0870 number and you pay 8p a min and it gets a cut of the revenue. The telecoms regulator Ofcom's launched a(nother) consultation on this. The deadline for consumers to have their say is 6 Dec. Its suggestions are a big improvement, but it could go further. More Info: 0870 consultation

Links to: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1149954
>>

This is exactly what we need. Many thanks to the MSE if he reads this. Given the wide email circulation, this could have a very positive effect for the campaign to get rid of the scam numbers.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #35 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:50am

I've got two copies - wonder why  Wink

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #36 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 2:07am

[quote author=andy9 link=1131448703/30#35 date=1132710626]I've got two copies - wonder why  ;)[/quote]Only two!!! Not three, perhaps four?!!! :)
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 2:08am by idb »  

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

gdh82

Re: MSE HAVE raised awareness of 0870 consultation
Reply #37 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:24pm

Quote:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1149954

This is exactly what we need. Many thanks to the MSE if he reads this. Given the wide email circulation, this could have a very positive effect for the campaign to get rid of the scam numbers.

Great news!  As well as the widely circulated email, I see the above newly created thread (on 21/11) has already been viewed 1200+ times !

Thanks to MSE Martin for supporting the cause in this way!

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #38 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 5:05pm

idb wrote on Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:44am:
Same here, I agree - thanks.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 5:50pm

bbb_uk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2005 at 5:05pm:
idb wrote on Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:44am:
Same here, I agree - thanks.

He doesn't highlight the danger of all the 0870 numbers turning into 0844 due to Ofcom's useless weaknesss in alllowing these numbers to continue at 5p per minute at all times outside ICTSIS control.  He also also doesn't highlight the insanity of allowing 0871 to continue to be used for 10p per minute revenue share when most people will just think "0870 and 0871 they just cost the same mate dun they".

So no I don't think Martin's articles is not good enough as he should have told people exactly what was wrong with the proposals and exactly how to condemn them and why they needed to be condemned.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge