Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
BVG Airflo (Clifford James/Samuel Windsor/Fishtec) (Read 71,272 times)
hansi

Cardiff
Clifford James
Reply #30 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 9:28am

Just wanted to advise that the alternative number for this company 01695 566980  is no longer in use.
They answer it and then it goes dead.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: BVG Airflo (Clifford James/Samuel Windsor/Fish
Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 2:23pm

hansi wrote on Dec 6th, 2010 at 9:28am:
Just wanted to advise that the alternative number for this company 01695 566980  is no longer in use.
They answer it and then it goes dead.

Thanks for this.  Smiley

I've done some work on the entries for Clifford James and others BVG Airflo companies.

On calling the 01695 566980 number, one is greeted with a recording requesting an extension number be entered or to hold for an operator. Holding puts one into what can only be decribed as technological abiss (silence), which may well explain AandA's report (above) last year on which the line remained open.

BT Phonebook lists 01695 556981 for Clifford James at Gladden Place West, Gillibrands, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9SX. This is the address of Esher Mail Order Ltd, which trades as Clifford James and Samuel Windsor, which is part of BVG Airflo Group Ltd.

IP Logged

hansi

Cardiff
Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 4:34pm

That isn't the number for the Brecon address as I've tried that one too. Had to use the 0870 number in the end and was on hold for eight minutes! Hope they've sorted out the problem with the answering machine on that other number as I called it a few times too!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #33 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 4:55pm

hansi wrote on Dec 12th, 2010 at 4:34pm:
That isn't the number for the Brecon address as I've tried that one too. Had to use the 0870 number in the end and was on hold for eight minutes! Hope they've sorted out the problem with the answering machine on that other number as I called it a few times too!

The Brecon address is home to BVG Airflo (Esher's parent) which is where its fishing sites run from.

Did you speak to anyone on the 01874 number(s)? If so, and they couldn't deal with your call, then that suggests that calls to Clifford James and Samuel Windsor are dealt with at Skelmersdale, or perhaps somewhere else. If it's Skelmersdale, the I suggest trying 01695 566981.

IP Logged

hansi

Cardiff
Re: NUMBER TO BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT
Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 4:56pm

Dave wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 4:32pm:
AandA wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 4:18pm:
Clifford James’ number – 01695 566980
Beware when using this number.  We have just received a BT bill for ‘attempting’ to contact this company.  We are just recovering from the shock as we were charged a total of £98.47 for four calls.  It would appear that the line was left open from the automatic answering machine at their end on four separate occasions.  …

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

I've joined your posting to the existing thread for Clifford James and associated companies.

From what you say, it would appear that the line was left open. It's not the recipient's fault that the caller has incurred charges if this was the case.

When a call is landline to landline and there is a period of silence, the call will be ended (terminated) after several minutes. However, if the recipient plays a recording over and over, it stands to reason that this will never happen.

What types of telephones do you have on your line? Cordless, corded, how many of each? If any are corded, are they old models? Perhaps if they are corded, the switch that operates when the handset is replaced is not working as it should and the line if remaining open.

I rang this this number too and got silence. But they do not repeat the message so it should have terminated the call.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #35 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 11:46am

Dave wrote on Dec 12th, 2010 at 4:55pm:
Did you speak to anyone on the 01874 number(s)? If so, and they couldn't deal with your call, then that suggests that calls to Clifford James and Samuel Windsor are dealt with at Skelmersdale, or perhaps somewhere else. If it's Skelmersdale, the I suggest trying 01695 566981.

I have removed 01695 566981 as it's for the retail shop at the warehouse and is closed indefinately.

Also in 55698x range is:

982 Heather
983 Jenny
984 reads out the address of the Clifford James Distribution Centre (and then quotes a returns authorisation number)
986 enter ext number; directory of extensions (no names in directory); for operator, transfers to x500
987 fax

All which transfer to the operator go to silence, so whether it's actually ringing someone's phone, we can't tell.

I believe that numbers below this belong to another organsation.

There is another retail shop in Woking:

Telephone:      01483 224552
Fax      01483 223984

Clifford James
High Street
Ripley
Woking
Surrey
GU23 6FF

IP Logged

repcomms

West Sussex
Reply #36 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 1:42pm

The number 01695 566965 works, if only they could get their act together there would not be any need to ring them !

IP Logged

nightshade

Reply #37 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:15pm

BVG Airflo Ltd
Unit 6
Ffrwdgrech Industrial Estate
Brecon
LD3 3BE

Tel : 01874 612700

Got through on this number fine today. She answered "Reader Offers".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge