Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
clicking back to BT (Read 4,113 times)
babycham
Ex Member

clicking back to BT
Dec 30th, 2005 at 5:34pm

I am with talktalk but find that when using an 0870 number I am charged a fortune, far more than if I were using BT. I have been told there is a 4 digit number that can be dialled in front of the 0870 that puts you back onto a BT rate, but don't know what it is. Any ideas ?

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: clicking back to BT
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 5:57pm

Grin

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 9:41pm

[quote author=babycham link=1135964053/0#0 date=1135964053]I am with talktalk but find that whe n using an 0870 number I am charged a fortune, far more than if I were using BT. I have been told there is a 4 digit number that can be dialled in front of the 0870 that puts you back onto a BT rate, but don't know what it is. Any ideas ?  [/quote]
If TalkTalk is just your CPS (Carrier PreSelect) provider, DaveM is correct.

If, however, you have changed to one of [url=http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-voice-Home?&sel=2]TalkTalk's Line Rental packages[/url], you [highlight]cannot [/highlight]'hop back onto' BT to take advantage of their slightly less excessive prices for such calls.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2005 at 9:45pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2005 at 2:27am

So long as you still pay your line rental to BT you can register with www.18185.co.uk and pay only 4p per minute plus 4p per connection for 0870 calls.  You then just have to dial 18185 before each call you make

But better still use this site effectively and call the scamsters using their other numbers.  In the last 10 days I have called Sky for a total of about 80 minutes and the DVLA for about 25 minutes for free using their 0800 phone numbers available on this website.

By the way even if you do pay your line rental to TalkTalk you can still make 0870 calls more cheaply using the 0844 number for National Rate calls listed at www.dialaround.co.uk  This costs 5p per minute but the call charge starts from the time you finish dialling rather than when you are connected to the 0870 call centre.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge