Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
NTL jump on the band wagon ! (Read 44,094 times)
IAVOID0870

South East
Re: NTL jump on the band wagon !
Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2006 at 11:07pm

I found a new way to get through to customer services the other day using an 0800 number.

I was looking at channel 9 which is for "new customers only" and there is the 0800 numer.

I called this and there is an option press 1 if you are a new customer or press 2 if you are an existing customer, then I got put through to customer services with no probs.

Grin

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #16 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 11:18am

And the number is ....................???
Don't be shy, you can share with us. We won't tell, honest! Smiley

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

Fisher07

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 10:32am

Try 0800 1830123 - then choose option 3. A number of further options are then available. Ps don't tell anyone!!

IP Logged

IAVOID0870

South East
Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 11:23pm

Smiley Sorry I am not keeping anything to myself, I had just forgot about this posting, It is the number on channel 9 whereby they try to sell you aditional services to add to your current package, I have just tried to get it but some other advertising is currently showing, will do it in the morning for sure ! Smiley

IP Logged

IAVOID0870

South East
Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 11:53am

IAVOID0870 wrote on Jun 12th, 2006 at 11:23pm:
Smiley Sorry I am not keeping anything to myself, I had just forgot about this posting, It is the number on channel 9 whereby they try to sell you aditional services to add to your current package, I have just tried to get it but some other advertising is currently showing, will do it in the morning for sure ! Smiley

As above it is the "latest offers" number 0800 183 1010 and when you get through they call it the "sales enquiry line" select (1) for new customer and (2) for existing customer -

I have used both options and been put through to customer services just tried again this morning and selected (1) and just asked for CS and put straight through.  Grin  Wink

IP Logged

wackyjacki

Reply #20 - Jun 14th, 2006 at 2:41pm

I've just called NTL to complain about the lack of rewards for loyalty to them. I have now got pretty much everything half price for 6 months and was told to ring back again in 6 months time to see what else they could do for me - this was all on the freephone number 08000529403. I was so amazed I had to tell you lot.

IP Logged

pippa

Reply #21 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 5:29pm

I can understand ntl customers wanting to jump ship (and frankly ntl deserve all they get if greed is getting the better of them by their use of 0845/0871 numbers), but there are of course alternatives to BT.

I still have an ntl landline because it is part of my cable TV package, but I only use it for incoming calls. For outgoing calls (geographic numbers) I use the inclusive minutes that came with my mobile - and this is saving me a lot of money.

Additionally I have a second fax line which used to be BT, but I was seduced by a Post Office Homephone offer of £50 cashback! And unlike BT and ntl, the Post Office has no minimum call charge - a nice selling point for those who make many short calls.

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #22 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 4:03pm

Pippa, sorry to spoil the dream a bit, but don't forget that the inclusive minutes on your mobile are not free. Dependant on your particular package you could be paying 17p per min for them. At this point it would obviously be cheaper to use the landlines for land calls.
eg Orange Talk200 = £35.  = 17.5p per min to land or mob cross network.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #23 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 4:18pm

a very nice man wrote on Jun 18th, 2006 at 4:03pm:
Pippa, sorry to spoil the dream a bit, but don't forget that the inclusive minutes on your mobile are not free. Dependant on your particular package you could be paying 17p per min for them. At this point it would obviously be cheaper to use the landlines for land calls.

Indeed, at an average 17p/min it would also be cheaper to use the landline for calls to mobiles aswell.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #24 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 7:56pm

Dave wrote on Jun 18th, 2006 at 4:18pm:
a very nice man wrote on Jun 18th, 2006 at 4:03pm:

Indeed, at an average 17p/min it would also be cheaper to use the landline for calls to mobiles aswell.

And how many people pay the full amount for line rental per month?

I get my phones that come with cashback line rental, and in most cases 12 months free line rental.  After the 12 months are up I just cancel, and then sell the phone (even more cashback)

In that time I've been paid to have a mobile, and I've used my inclusive minutes and texts for nothing.

Admittedly, not everyone's mobile needs can be serviced with a 12 months free line rental.  Mobile retailers usually push the phones they ordered too many of and only on certain tariffs.  If you're after that mobile, and tariff then great, but if you need a certain network and a certain tariff, and the best phone around, then you may well end up paying the full price per month, and those inclusive minutes do become expensive.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #25 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 8:08pm

Shiggaddi wrote on Jun 18th, 2006 at 7:56pm:
And how many people pay the full amount for line rental per month?

True, but again, the "full amount" is an amount the provider determines; this may be higher to allow discounts. In any case, the price you are charged covers the handset, inclusive minutes and anything else you get as part of the package. No part is 'free' because you wouldn't getting without it on its own without paying the 'rental'.

IP Logged

SomethingTypical

Reply #26 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 9:29pm

Smasher wrote on Jun 6th, 2006 at 7:43pm:
I have a friend in Swansea who had a bad time with NTL but phoned BT who sent an engineer to reinstate the severed BT line into his house for free, and he's now happy and satisfied as he's a BT customer.  I've also kicked him in the direction of Primus as that plan suits him best. 

If NTL are going to act like that then as I say, screw them.  BT are happy to install a line free if there is competition  Grin Wink

Somebody appointed a nice engineer.

IP Logged

pippa

Reply #27 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 9:50pm

Quote:
I get my phones that come with cashback line rental, and in most cases 12 months free line rental.  After the 12 months are up I just cancel, and then sell the phone (even more cashback)

In that time I've been paid to have a mobile, and I've used my inclusive minutes and texts for nothing.

Exactly what I do, and the end result is that I pay no net charges on my mobile contract and only line rental on the landlines. However, I recognise the validity of the comments to my earlier posting, and I would add too that one has to be careful to claim cashback at the right time, observing all terms and conditions (I find a diary very useful for this).

However, there is a downside in that it could mean changing the mobile number every year as well as the need to overcome the inertia that the mobile providers absolutely rely upon to turn us into profitable customers.

As for non-geo numbers I absolutely refuse to use them. If I can't locate an alternative geographic number or an e-mail address I generally send my message by post without stamps (put FREEPOST in the address and change the last two letters of the postcode to BR), and wait for a reply.

IP Logged

nanstallon

Falmouth
Reply #28 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 3:06pm

Good on you, Pippa for refusing to use non geo numbers and sending by Freepost instead.  If businesses won't play straight and use proper geo numbers, let's either take our custom elsewhere or punish them for their greed.

John

IP Logged

dialer

lancashire
Reply #29 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 5:38pm

Made my mind up over weekend to terminate my account with NTL, Nothing for it but to call 0845 but used 18185 3p min. Was supprised they answered within a min, was transfered within 2 mins to customer relations. They tried everything to stop me leaving, like doubleing my broadband speed at half price for 12 mths. No I was adiment I was going and told them I was not prepared to pay for customer service. There last ploy "WE WILL CREDIT YOU ALL CALL CHARGES TO CUSTOMER SERVICE" My reply was reinstate 0800 number and I will stay

ARE THEY LOOSING CUSTOMERS OVER THIS

Terry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge