Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Doctors 0845 number charges when engaged (Read 23,217 times)
gudman

Re: Doctors 0845 number charges when engaged
Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 2:10pm

tony-i'm really surprised what sor of call packages gp's using at their home,i'm sure atleast once everybody in  this country have called a ngn and see the difference in the bill,i'm really wondering about the revenue- where is it going, ?for improved patients service or on to gp's own pocket. i am sure you are not aware of this problem just think about all other gp's those who are moving to ngn.

IP Logged

Tony_Walsh
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 3:18pm

gudman I've checked again. The GP will get no money from the deal, but gets a system with more "bells and whistles" only. However, what the provider firm gets is another matter! The GP has no vested financial interest whatsoever from my experience with NEG (Network Europe Group or Surgery Line) earlier this year.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 8:27pm

Quote:
The GP will get no money from the deal, but gets a system with more "bells and whistles" only.
Yes he (they) do (does).

He (they) get(s) a new telephone system F.O.C. - and the pateints pay for it time and time and time again when they call.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Tony_Walsh
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 11:31pm

That's right Heinz - the GP gets no money but an enhanced facility - the cost is borne by the incoming callers which I believe is wrong - and I'm not the only professional that believes that!
The facilities are "sold" to us as an enhanced facility for patients and staff, not as a cash incentive.
We're all on the same side.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #19 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 11:47pm

Quote:
That's right Heinz - the GP gets no money but an enhanced facility - the cost is borne by the incoming callers which I believe is wrong - and I'm not the only professional that believes that!
The facilities are "sold" to us as an enhanced facility for patients and staff, not as a cash incentive.

IIRC, some surgeries have said that they receive 2p/min which is paid to NEG for provision of the system. Pencoed Medical Centre says it doesn't make anything, see here.

You may find this thread interesting. It's about Janice Gregory AM who claimed that doctors were "making a fast buck", something that she was reprimanded for.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge