<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
0906 Numbers (Read 9,404 times)
mxtrv

0906 Numbers
Oct 27th, 2006 at 6:32pm

Does anyone know of a similar site to dig 0906 premium rate numbers?  Thanks.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: 0906 Numbers
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 7:52pm

09 numbers are, supposedly, for 'additional or special' services and, as such, justify the additional call cost they impose on users.

Although most must have geographical equivalents, there is no such site to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2006 at 7:53pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 8:16pm

Agree with Heinz. I have no objection to premium rate numbers. Although I guess if one was used inappropriately people on this site would take up the cause. Infact I read a comment about the DVLA using one I think recently on here (today?) and also embassies . But for game shows, support desks, dial up internet, etc where it was clear that this was the means of funding the service or competition and costs were clear - I'm ok with it

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:14pm

09 numbers have been used for ordinary tech support lines by quite a few ISPs and also for customer service lines of people who offer no post sales customer service in reality (so don't want you to call) like Easyjet and Ryanair.

I also have every possible objection to 09 numbers so long as a phone subscriber's line is by default left open for other household members to be tempted to steal from them on scam tv game quizzes authorised by the incompetent Ofcom and for so long as 09 number access is not PIN number controlled with each line user having their own traceable individual PIN number that the line subscriber must decide to let them have.

As it so happens rather a lot of 09 alternatives on the tech support and customer service line front are listed in the Unverified section of this site's database:-

http://www.saynoto0870.com./unchecked.php

<div style=

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:59pm

Ah, yes. The UK default for lines should be opted out of 09X numbers.
Sadly another opportunity predicted, requested and missed.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 12:31am

Tanllan wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:59pm:

Or another opportunity which the cynical OFTEL and Ofcom deliberately left a mile wide loophole for their telco industry scamming former colleagues to exploit and ripoff with.  The fact that after midnight uk television now descends into a plethora of 75p fixed call rate ripoff 09 quiz games that most people never even get through to but are charged for is really the final straw.

Good to see you are still around Tanllan.  I was beginning to think you had taken your leave like dorf and mc661 and/or my old forum id.

Perhaps you like me have been a little heartened by the fact that Daniel has at least been prepared to give us a proper statement on the commercial aspects of the site rather than simply keeping us regulars in the dark as has been his usual habit up until now.  It is a pity however that he also chose to surround that helpful and refreshingly candid statement with various andy9esque threats towards and personal attacks upon my good self.

NGM

<div style=

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:45am

NGMsGhost wrote on Oct 28th, 2006 at 12:31am:
Tanllan wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:59pm:
Perhaps you like me have been a little heartened by the fact that Daniel has at least been prepared to give us a proper statement on the commercial aspects of the site rather than simply keeping us regulars in the dark as has been his usual habit up until now.  It is a pity however that he also chose to surround that helpful and refreshingly candid statement with various andy9esque threats towards and personal attacks upon my good self.

NGM

Why are you heartened? The things he said were already quite obvious, and he should not have been treated to personal abuse bullying him into stating them.

It is a poor comparison - this is not my threat

Forum Admin wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 7:06pm:
If a member doesn't like the aims and objectives of the site, they are not forced to use it (that applies to both the discussion forum, and the numbers database).

Anyone taking part in personal attacks, unfounded accusations or threats (either by Instant Message, Email, or on the forum), will have those posts removed and their membership cancelled).

Two long replies attempting to reopen a closed subject are then followed by overtly taking the piss by putting a poll over the top of this post about persistent abuse.

Now, after a few hours of incomplete contrition, the sneering personal abuse and veiled hints of shared identity return.

The still-present accusation about me phoning you is an unrepented lie, and referring back to a claim that I have threatened you is out of order, and will be reported to Forum Admin and moderators.

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2006 at 2:17am by andy9 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge