Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sky Complaint - lack of interest to our concerns (Read 46,528 times)
bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: Sky Complaint - lack of interest to our concer
Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 9:44am

derrick wrote on Nov 8th, 2006 at 3:59pm:
4PetesSake wrote on Nov 6th, 2006 at 2:17pm:
The newspaper articles about the use of these numbers are available in the following links:-  
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=4086 60&in_page_id=1770
and a BBC news video:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi?redirect=st.s tm&news=1&bbram=1&bbwm=1&nbram=1&nbwm=1&nol_storyid=5410232

~Edited by bbb_uk: Amended post title to match thread title

What has this  dailymail link got to do with phone numbers ?

And the video link goes nowhere!
The links you mentioned somehow had a space in them which confused the browser.  I've just amended the post in question and removed the two spaces.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 9:49am

A few days ago I emailed James Murdock the exact same email as I mentioned in my OP, and got the following reply from Natalie, Customer Liaison Consultant:-

Quote:
Thank you for your recent email, addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

I am sorry that you have some concerns regarding the 087 numbers that we provide for customers to contact us on.

As I’m sure you’re aware, there is currently no legal requirement to provide call costs on 087 numbers, other than in communications covered by the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) code (print marketing).  In all print marketing communications we state clearly that “calls cost up to 8p per minute for BT customers. Calls from other providers may vary.

Please find below details of the maximum cost for calls per minute to our contact centre from a BT landline (again, calls from other networks can vary):

Daytime – 7.91p
Evening – 3.95p
Weekend – 1.50p

On this basis, Sky is clearly acting within the legal and regulatory guidelines.

Again, as you have pointed out, Ofcom has published a lengthy statement on the conclusion of its consultation on 087/0845 numbers.  Some of the key proposals set out in Ofcom’s statement are:
  • a “geographical link” to be restored for calls to 0870 numbers, meaning that such call charges should be no higher than the rate for national calls to geographical numbers (i.e. local or national numbers) unless a “free-to-caller price pre-announcement” is made at the start of the call informing the caller of the specific charges for that call (in which case a higher charge can be levied).  In effect, this requirement does away with the ability to revenue share on such number ranges; it does not however, establish a universal flat-rate tariff for such calls – charges can vary and will depend on the charges for geographical calls in different call packages.
  • Ofcom intends these changes to come into force only in January 2008.  Ofcom is also currently undertaking a review of telephone numbering generally, and as part of this review, it anticipates setting out plans for opening up new non-geographical number ranges (at different price levels), including those that will permit revenue sharing.  Ofcom considers that this report must be published before companies are required to react to its 0870 proposals.
  • Ofcom intends to deem 0871 numbers as “premium rate” numbers, such that they fall under the remit of ICSTIS.  Ofcom proposes that this classification will require companies to provide clear information on the charges for calls to these numbers in adverts and other promotional material from January 2008.

Whilst I understand your concerns regarding call charges into our contact centre, as stated above we are acting in full compliance with the current regulatory and legal framework.

We are pleased to advise that we are currently working on the implementation of a fully integrated on-line customer management system.  However, in the meantime, our customers are in fact able to manage all aspects of their customer account via the “Feedback” section of Customer Zone.  Customers can cancel an account, change a viewing package, organise equipment upgrades, order new services or amend account details by sending a feedback message to us.  Once the feedback message is received, customers are contacted by one of our customer service agents to implement the customer’s request. Whilst we are always looking to improve our customer’s account management facilities, in our view, this service is suitable for our customer’s account management needs.

Your comments and observations are taken very seriously by Sky, and I can assure you that these will be passed for the attention of the relevant individuals.  Thank you again for taking the time to highlight your concerns.

Should you require any further assistance in regards to this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the address above.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 3:02pm

bbb_uk wrote on Nov 12th, 2006 at 9:49am:
A few days ago I emailed James Murdock the exact same email as I mentioned in my OP, and got the following reply from Natalie, Customer Liaison Consultant:-

Quote:
Thank you for your recent email, addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

We are pleased to advise that we are currently working on the implementation of a fully integrated on-line customer management system.  However, in the meantime, our customers are in fact able to manage all aspects of their customer account via the “Feedback” section of Customer Zone.  Customers can cancel an account, change a viewing package, organise equipment upgrades, order new services or amend account details by sending a feedback message to us. Once the feedback message is received, customers are contacted by one of our customer service agents to implement the customer’s request. Whilst we are always looking to improve our customer’s account management facilities, in our view, this service is suitable for our customer’s account management needs.

Don't take too much notice of that garbage.

That 'facility' restricts the user to 512 characters - not even enough to get up a head of steam let alone vent my spleen.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #18 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 3:43pm

Heinz wrote on Nov 12th, 2006 at 3:02pm:
That 'facility' restricts the user to 512 characters - not even enough to get up a head of steam let alone vent my spleen.
What's worse is their 'Contact Us' online queries form is only 125 characters so using their feedback form would allow you to put a few extra words in the email compared to their contact us online forms.    Yipee!  Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2006 at 3:44pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #19 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 6:35pm

If you want to e-mail Sky, just send it to skydigital@bskyb.com.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #20 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 11:15pm

4PetesSake wrote on Nov 12th, 2006 at 6:35pm:
If you want to e-mail Sky, just send it to skydigital@bskyb.com.

And get fobbed off with the predictable Sharon/Dave customer service rep style reply I would suggest.

An email to james.murdoch@bskyb.com is likely to be looked at by a considerable higher level person in the UK customer care team and to be transformed into some kind of weekly summary for James Murdoch himself to look at,

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 11:22pm

bbb_uk wrote on Nov 12th, 2006 at 9:49am:
We are pleased to advise that we are currently working on the implementation of a fully integrated on-line customer management system.  However, in the meantime, our customers are in fact able to manage all aspects of their customer account via the “Feedback” section of Customer Zone.  Customers can cancel an account, change a viewing package, organise equipment upgrades, order new services or amend account details by sending a feedback message to us.  Once the feedback message is received, customers are contacted by one of our customer service agents to implement the customer’s request. Whilst we are always looking to improve our customer’s account management facilities, in our view, this service is suitable for our customer’s account management needs.

Your comments and observations are taken very seriously by Sky, and I can assure you that these will be passed for the attention of the relevant individuals.  Thank you again for taking the time to highlight your concerns

At least its clear that Sky high level customer complaints realise they can no longer get away with fobbing people off in claiming that its only BT National Rate.  They are correct that what they are doing is entirely legal, its just that its not ethical bearing in mind how extortionately expensive are Sky's tv subscription packages.

The most productive suggestion she makes is that if you use the Feedback zone on their website to request changes to your channel package then they will call you back to go through the security rigmarole and confirm you are the person requesting the changes.  I suggest people try that route out and see if it works.  It is extaordinary that Sky has taken so long to implement online account management since they clearly still lose money on having to pay people to take our phone calls, even though the 0870 charges offset some of the cost.

If they got rid of their call centre model they ought to be able to cut most of the channel package costs by £2 or £3 per month.

<div style=

IP Logged

chrissdp

swansea
Reply #22 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 4:48pm

dont goto ntl they are just as bad.Iam trying to move my ntl no. to my new address needless to say  16 days later I still have no phone(tv and broadband ok) but try to phone them spent £28.50 0n calls to 0845 nos tried 0800 nos had 4 days of work they have even put new line to house(didnot need to)engineer went to wrong cabinet in street.

Isaid  I want to  talk to the complaints dept.THEIR ANSWER RING 151 FREE CALL(WHEN PHONE IS CONNECTED)

STILL TOOK DIRECT DEBIT FOR LINE RENTALWHICH I DONT HAVE.Any suggestions what to do Cry

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #23 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 12:01pm

chrissdp wrote on Dec 9th, 2006 at 4:48pm:
dont goto ntl they are just as bad.Iam trying to move my ntl no. to my new address needless to say  16 days later I still have no phone(tv and broadband ok) but try to phone them spent £28.50

Isn't that nearly 12 hours of calling them and being on hold? Shocked

<div style=

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2007 at 4:58pm

Well early December I emailed those people mentioned earlier in this thread about the possibility of for those using SkyTalk (their CPS service) to have free customer services like BT, NTL/Telewest, TalkTalk and a few others do.

For example, TalkTalk (as we all know) use 0870 numbers even for customer services except for those on TalkTalk calling their customer services then the call was free.

I asked why SkyTalk couldn't do something similar or if they had plans on doing something similar.

Well, not so suprisingly, my email was totally ignored despite my previous email being answered.

I believe that highlights Sky's c/s and how they will ignore (the best they can) and defend their use of stealth premium rate 0870 numbers.

I'm very curious as to what they will do come early next year (Feb 2008) when revenue sharing ends on 0870 numbers!

They are probably waiting to see what (if any) consumer protections ICSTIS will announce for 0871 numbers.  For example, if ICSTIS do announce that charging whilst in a queue will be prohibited then this is something Sky wont like so will probably migrate to other numbers.  If ICSTIS don't do anything as such then Sky will probably migrate to 0871.

[advert]Sky - putting the money made from 0870 calls first and customers last[/advert]

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #25 - Jan 6th, 2007 at 5:14pm

bbb_uk wrote on Jan 6th, 2007 at 4:58pm:
They are probably waiting to see what (if any) consumer protections ICSTIS will announce for 0871 numbers.  For example, if ICSTIS do announce that charging whilst in a queue will be prohibited then this is something Sky wont like so will probably migrate to other numbers.  If ICSTIS don't do anything as such then Sky will probably migrate to 0871.

Sky will either move to 0871 if call queuing is still allowed and they don't have to actively announce the call rate per minute before each call.  Failing that they will shift to 0844 at 5p per minute at all times instead.

What they lose in the weekday daytime 0870 rate on 0844 should be recouped by higher call costs to Sky in the evenings and at the weekend when most calls to Sky are obviously actually made.

<div style=

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Sky's new 08?? numbers
Reply #26 - Jan 6th, 2007 at 8:38pm

And, when they change to 5p/minute (at all times) 0844 numbers, they'll make grand announcements about how they're introducing 'lo-call' number in the interests of their customers.

And Ofcon will do nothing.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2007 at 8:39pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Sky's new 08?? numbers
Reply #27 - Jan 6th, 2007 at 8:56pm

Heinz wrote on Jan 6th, 2007 at 8:38pm:
And Ofcon will do nothing.

I think OfCoN, or at least the ASA who have already made clear pronouncements on this issue, would have to do something if Sky tried on the Lo-Call trick with 0844.

Also with Ed Richards taking over at Ofcom I think now might be the time to have a go and say to Ofcom there is still just time for them to make 0845 change to geographic call rates on 1st Feb 2008 and that this is the only acceptable thing to happen if what Ofcom is doing is to any way make any rational sense at all to the world at large.  Also Ed Richards needs to be persuaded that 0844 also needs to come under ICSTIS control and disclosure requirements.

Having watched Mr Richards performance at the Ofcom Conference on Information Tv on Sky this afternoon I think there is slightly more hope that he might be persuaded to do the right thing than the telco croney connected Stephen Carter.  Also the rate of 0845 dialup use must have been collapsing far faster than they were originally expecting with broadband now in 10 million uk homes, which would surely give OfCon the excuse to have a change of heart on the 0845 becoming GN priced implementation date? Undecided

<div style=

IP Logged

Jai

Yet another sky conplaint! re:calls+ referrals
Reply #28 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 9:50pm

I have had the same argument with Sky for over 7 months.

Of course I use the 0800 number provided, and also the number for the head office, which is very helpful (they can put u through to customer services also)

I have had about £30.00 in credit on my account (I would try everytime to ask for a credit on the account, it seems to be issued in £10.00 multiples). I would advise people to push for a £10.00 credit everytime they have to call the premium rate number. Don't beafraid to complain seperately everytime, as it is a seperate complaint its their fault if they dont want to resolve the matter by providing a geographical number

Also recently I have experienced for the second time the joke department within sky that deals with referrals (I waited for over 7 weeks with no contact from them for the second time).

They advertise all of these offers like, get a free sky+ box when u refer a friend, they inturn also recieve an offer like half price instillation. I feel that this poor, inefficient service is yet another one of Sky's tactics to get you to ring them several times trying to resolve this issue.

I was told that it is a seperate department which deals with all the referrals, therefore I couldn't get through on the 0800 number. I had to ring through initialy on the 0870 number (incidently if anyone is ringing re: a referral then make sure you have both account numbers and all details or they will tell you to ring back!)

My response to this (when I rang again over 7 weeks later to the head office- ask to speak to customer relations) was that if it is a seperate department then they should be much more efficient with the offers, and if they cannot handle the amount of referrals, then stop advertising! (you get the same excuse in a resturant, which I politely explain that surely its a good thing, they do put the tables and chairs out themselfs lol!)

Anyway the result of this was they arranged the instillation/ upgrade for me and also they gave me a £15.00 a month discount on my sky for the next 6 months! (this is a total of £90.00)

Get intouch if you need anymore help! I think everyone should complain as I did and push for as much back as you can.

Please reply if you have experienced these problems with sky re: referrals

I feel that sky are breeching the trade descriptions act and I advise you not to stand for it!!

Jai

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge