Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Confirming validity of alternative numbers (Read 28,554 times)
krakan

Confirming validity of alternative numbers
Jan 11th, 2007 at 2:34pm

Hi guys,

I've just found my first 'unconfirmed' number search result since I started using the site. The number I searched for had no confirmed alternatives, but there was an unconfirmed one so I tried it and it works!

It says on the page to contact the site to confirm that it works (if it does) but how do I do that? None of the categories on the 'contact us' page are appropriate, and I can't find anywhere on the forum!

Help appreciated!

IP Logged

trubster

10 Meg Broadband Rocks...

Sheffield
Re: Confirming validity of alternative numbers
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 8:56pm

Not too sure either... probably post it in a thread like this one and web admin will pick it up on there "ROUNDS" lol.... Grin

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 10:44pm

Yep, just post the relevant details and we'll look into it.

Thanks.

IP Logged

chrisjj2

Verification reporting
Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 1:39pm

How is one supposed to "let us know" as requested below?

Unverified Number - A number that has been added by a visitor
to the website, and hasn't yet been verified as correct. Please let
us know if these work for you.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Verification reporting
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 3:37pm

chrisjj2 wrote on Jan 27th, 2007 at 1:39pm:
How is one supposed to "let us know" as requested below?

At present there is no 'proper' way to do so. The contact form only allows contact with Daniel, the forum's administrator. You can select "Incorrect Number Report" but you can't select "Report a correct number" on there. You could put a new entry in the database with a message to say that the unverified number is right and works OK. Or you could post on the forums.

What number is it?

At present there is no way of members logging in to the database, so we have no way of knowing whether an entry has been created by someone who is reliable or just entering any old number. Thus there are many unverified entries which are being added to on a daily basis. The number of duplicate entries being entered has dropped significantly since the new search engine which checks unverified entries was brought online.

I would like to see more people working on the database, both verifying numbers and removing the junk entries. There are quite a few entries which only have NGNs or company names, and this is always the first task to delete these.

IP Logged

wacs

Re: Verification reporting
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 3:09pm

Dave wrote on Jan 27th, 2007 at 3:37pm:
I would like to see more people working on the database, both verifying numbers and removing the junk entries. There are quite a few entries which only have NGNs or company names, and this is always the first task to delete these.

I would like to help, but how?   Smiley

~ Edit by Dave: Quote box tidied up
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2007 at 9:34pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

krakan

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 4:07pm

Right, well then for the admins:

The 0161 number for Vaioni Group Ltd works.

Until recently there was a freephone number listed too, which also worked. Why has that been removed??

IP Logged

daroka

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 7:35pm

SmileyTalkTalk Broadband Technical Support Number 0871 2267146
The website gave the alternative number of 01925 556499 I can confirm it works, used it yesterday.
The call lasted 19 mins,16 on hold and,3mins actually talking to someone!

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2007 at 4:50pm

I have just tried the unverified numbers for Northern Rock and they all work, although as it is a Saturday after 4-30 p.m. they are all closed although they list the opening times:-

0191 5223374  for tracking "cases" I assume this to mean accounts opening and ongoing enquiries.
Mon-Fri  0800-1900. 
Sat  0900-1300

0191 2794405  CS for savings
Mon-Fri  0800-2000
Sat  0800-1600
Sun  1000-1500

0191 2794828  CS for mortgages 
Mon-Fri  0830-1700
Sat  0900-1200

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2007 at 5:37pm

derrick wrote on Apr 14th, 2007 at 4:50pm:
I have just tried the unverified numbers for Northern Rock and they all work ...

Thanks for that Derrick. The three numbers you quote are already in the verified database. The first one is down as "Mortgages".

It's the NGNs that need confirming, and then they can be added to the existing entries.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 10:25am

Dave wrote on Apr 14th, 2007 at 5:37pm:
derrick wrote on Apr 14th, 2007 at 4:50pm:
I have just tried the unverified numbers for Northern Rock and they all work ...

Thanks for that Derrick. The three numbers you quote are already in the verified database. The first one is down as "Mortgages".

It's the NGNs that need confirming, and then they can be added to the existing entries.

Dave re the savings CS number, 0191 2794405, I can confirm that it works, I have just spent 15 minutes on there,6 on hold, and the rest talking to CS, they do say in the blurb when it answers that "future calls should be dialed using 0845******", but if you wait for the menu to finish you will go in the queue

The reason I put the numbers in @ reply #8, was because when I put in an 0845 number or Northern Rock,(I can't remember which now), I was only given the 3 unverified numbers, hence why I gave the info in reply #8, when I put Northern Rock in now I get a lot of verified and unverified.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2007 at 5:12pm by derrick »  

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:25pm

I'd like to confirm that the "University of Sheffield" number 0114 21 xxxxx (usually 5xxxx) works (presently) for all halls of residence at the university. Could you re-write the unverified entry and place it in the verified list please Smiley.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:32pm

jgxenite wrote on Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:25pm:
I'd like to confirm that the "University of Sheffield" number 0114 21 xxxxx (usually 5xxxx) works (presently) for all halls of residence at the university. Could you re-write the unverified entry and place it in the verified list please Smiley.

The current entry is:

University of Sheffield       0870 8884586             0114 21xxxxx             Ranmoor House Hall of Residence; add room extension to the Geo number

In what way does it need changing? Is there just 1 0870 number or is this someone's direct number? In which case are we just looking at the last four digits?

You say that the internal extension number is 5xxxx (5 followed by four digits), so what's the digit after 0114 21?

Am I right in saying that:

5xxxx = 0870 888xxxx = 0114 21?xxxx

Where xxxx for one particular room is same for every number and ? in 0114 is what?

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #13 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:48pm

I think the 0870 number is someone's personal 0870 number - each extension (from my memory anyway) is assigned a unique 0870 number. As far as I am aware (at the present moment anyway), internally each extension is 5xxxx and this directly maps to 0114 215 xxxx.

Just as a reference point (for anyone interested), all other internal numbers at the university are 2xxxx which map directly to 0114 222 xxxx (as far as I am aware, there are no non-geographic numbers mapped to this range, so they don't need to be added to the database). I suspect the reason the 5xxxx internal numbers aren't mapped to 225 is because the 225 range is for Sheffield Hallam University.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2007 at 5:49pm by jgxenite »  

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2007 at 6:39pm

I've listed the entry. Have a look and tell me if it's OK or wants changing. There's also one for Switchboard (0114 2229999) which I think we can get rid of. In any case, switchboard is given on the uni's website as 0114 222 2000.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge