Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("") (Read 50,887 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("")
Reply #30 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 8:16pm

Timcat wrote on Apr 20th, 2007 at 5:59pm:
I have the same problem when trying to use the "Contact Us" link to notify a discontinued number.....

Are you using the saynoto0870.co.uk address? What does it say in your address bar?

IP Logged

Timcat

Reply #31 - Apr 21st, 2007 at 12:41am

I get the same result from both .com and .co.uk  Smiley

Using XP SP2, IE7 and ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Cannot see a referral field in privacy.net response.

Will check back again tomorrow.....
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:50pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #32 - Apr 21st, 2007 at 4:55am

ZA has an option to remove the referral field.  See this site for info on removing it.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:50pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Timcat

Reply #33 - Apr 21st, 2007 at 3:35pm

Right first time! Brilliant service on an excellent website - many thanks.
Smiley

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #34 - May 16th, 2007 at 2:02pm

According to a couple of recent entries made to the database this is still a problem. I have noticed that when the address is entered as http://saynoto0870.com/ (i.e. without the www bit) it comes back with that "dissallowed http referer" error. Temporary solution is to insert www. into the URL.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2007 at 2:03pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2007 at 9:58am

Apologies for the delay in getting this resolved, it turned out to be a lot trickier than I originally expected.

I made a change yesterday which I am hoping has resolved this issue.

We have tested it several times, and are now unable to replicate the previous problem.

If anyone still has problems, please can they let us know.

Thanks
Daniel
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2007 at 9:59am by Forum Admin »  

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

JWW

Problem with site
Reply #36 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 7:24pm

Hi, I'm unable to add a new alternative number, or access the Contact page - each giving me a 'Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("")' error.
Great site - keep at 'em!

IP Logged

colin_tomlinson

Reading
Add new number error
Reply #37 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 9:32pm

I likewise am having difficulty entering new alternative numbers.

The form is shown, but when I click submit, I'm told that I didn't enter the verification code - even though I did.  Several attempts result in the same error.

colinsnewid  
IP Logged

daveav650

Reply #38 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 5:21pm

This fix is for Firefox users only.

I managed to find the fault, in my Firefox about:config settings, I had enabled network.http.sendRefererHeader=0 , this stops websites from knowing the last webpage I was on. I enabled this setting, as a security procedure to stop websites tracking me all over the internet.

When I changed this setting back to the default network.http.sendRefererHeader=1 , then the Contact Us button works again. But I searched for a fix as I shouldn't have to lower my security settings just to get this website to work.

And I found an easy work around for this, it's to install a Firefox extension, RefControl. It's found at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/953 . You need to install this, reload Firefox and then go to Tools -> RefControl Options , then click Add Site, and type in saynoto0870.com . In the Action section, click the Custom: radio button, and type in "1" (without the "") into the text box. Now click OK, and look for the Edit button to the right of the "Default for site's not listed", click it and in the Action section click on the radio button for "Block - send no referer".

This will keep the referer blocked on all other websites, but enable it for Saynoto0870.com. I personally did this and now both the "Contact Us" and also the "Click here to Add an new Telephone number" links work.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2007 at 5:25pm by daveav650 »  

IP Logged

MrGumby

Reply #39 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 9:37am

bbb_uk wrote on Feb 21st, 2007 at 6:59pm:
When you visit a webpage under certain circumstances your browser will pass on the website address of the site you were just visiting - known as referral information.

The database has been suffering from a lot of automated spam recently and as such Daniel, site admin, has recently introduced new things to try and stop this.  The most noticable one was the introduction of a verification code which is commonly found on a lot of things these days along with only allowing entries to be added providing users only accessed it via normal methods (ie clicking on it from the main page).

That's understandable, but there must be a better way. I'm not prepared to lower my security settings or add FF extensions (I keep extensions to a minimum, having had various FF problems caused by them). Why is it that I can place orders on all sorts of websites, do online banking, contribute to various blogs, etc, but can't add a new number to sayno? It's very frustrating that I've wanted to add several alternative numbers over the last 9 months, but have had to keep them to myself.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #40 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 11:52pm

If you are still having problems with submitting numbers, you could also make a post in the Geographic Requests forum and a member or admin can add them to the database for you. Not being able to submit them yourself should not be a reason to keep them off Smiley.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

MrGumby

Reply #41 - Nov 24th, 2007 at 12:02am

OK. Thanks. For many months until today, I haven't even been able to access the forum, but now I'm back in. From now on, I'll use the Geographic Requests forum, as you suggest, when I have new numbers. Sadly, I didn't keep a record of those I wanted to add earlier.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2007 at 3:16pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

JWW

Site problems
Reply #42 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 4:54pm

Hi - is someone messing with the site?!? When I try to access the Add a Number page (http://www.saynoto0870.com/add.php) I get the following error:

"An error occured while trying to access the 'Add a new alternative number' page.

Please click here to try again

If this error persists, please contact us quoting the following error message in full:

Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("") "

I get the same "Disallowed HTTP Referer! ("") " when trying to access the Contact Us page (http://www.saynoto0870.com/contact/)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge